Gifts are special and most people get emotionally attached to them. Some gifts are valued and secured for lifetime and become worthy with age and time. They come in different sizes, shapes, and colors. Gifts made of beads make an interesting present for their color and presentation. Classically, when a group of beads is strung together, the presentation causes you to focus on the beads themselves. The beads when shaped and woven, make the colors glow, and as you add beads row by row, the end result is more than just the summation of its parts. Check out some interesting beaded gift ideas.
Ideas For Beaded Gifts
How To Make A Beaded Picture Frame
- 11 mini jumbo craft sticks
- 12 wooden beads, 1 inch each
- 8 inches ribbon or string, 1/2-inch wide
- 2 mini craft sticks
- 4 regular craft sticks
- Craft glue
- Clear overhead transparency film or plastic
Beaded Picture Frame
- First, to make the sides of the frame, stick the three beads equally spaced across the top of a regular craft stick. Let them dry and glue another regular stick on top of the beads. Repeat the process with another stick.
- Now to make the bottom and the top of the frame, repeat the above steps using mini jumbo crafts sticks.
- Next place one of the short pieces on its side, and stick one of the long pieces at one end to form an L. Keep the angles at square and check the pieces are straight. Hold them together till the glue sticks.
- Repeat the process with the second long piece, set it for drying.
- Now stick the other short pieces to the top of the long pieces and let it dry.
- For making the back of the frame , lay five mini jumbo sticks side by side, and apply glue to a mini craft stick ½ inch from the top and another ½ inch from the bottom, and let it dry.
- Apply glue along the back of the inner frame of the stick. Let it dry. Set the frame back to cover the opening.
- To make a stand for the frame, cut 1¼ inches off the end of the two mini jumbo sticks. Run a bead of glue above the lower horizontal stick on the solid frame back and place the cut ends of these sticks in the glue.
- Support the frame against a heavy object to hold it in a position until the pieces dry. Or you can glue strings or ribbons to the back.
- Measure and cut a piece of clear transparency film or plastic to make a protective cover to fit exactly in the frame opening. Now the beaded photo frame is ready for the photo to be inserted. Cut the photo to fit the frame, and place the cover on the top.
- Beads of your choice
- 2 Ear wires
- 2 Headpins or eye pins
- Round-nose pliers
- Spacer beads
How To Make It
- First, find head pins that have flat heads on the bottom and are available in different thickness and sizes.
- Add some beads on the head pin. You can experiment with different colors and styles.
- You can add spacer beads to break up the colored beads.
- Use round nose pliers to bend the head pin at 90 degrees to make a loop.
- Lastly, bend the head of the head pin to complete the loop. Your beaded earring is ready.