Want to act as if you are rich? There are many people who, though do not belong to the higher class, want to act like one of elite people. In case you want to impress people in such a way, then all what you need to do is cook up a story and spend some moolah. At times, people pretend to be rich in order to impress others, while others do this to make money. You need to ensure that you learn the appropriate ways and style followed in the high class society, before you pretend to be a member of the rich class. Remember, it is not about being just rich - it is about being classy and looking refined and polished. In the following lines, we provide tips to help you in pretending to be rich.
Pretending To Be Rich
- The first step would be to make up a story. List all the elements you want it to have and practice it until you have learned each and every aspect by heart. If you make up things as you go or at the instant, you might end up contradicting yourself or forgetting the vital parts.
- The other step would to get some designer items. Get some branded outfits and accessories. Go for a complete reshuffle of the collection in your wardrobe.
- To pretend to be one of the members of the higher class, you need to learn certain basic expressions and be aware of the vocabulary used by the rich people. Know about the cuisine, fashion and current events that the rich people prefer.
- Do not flaunt your so-called wealth or expensive items. Rich people would automatically know the classy items from the cheap ones. Never ever go for fakes. They are likely to be identified very easily.
- Etiquettes are very important for rich people. Display a good code of conduct. Learn the proper way to speak, sit, eat, walk, and so on. Also, address other using properly spelled titles.
- If you are dining with friends, make sure to pay a handsome tip to the waiter. Do not pay what a middle class man would. Remember, you are pretending to be from a well-to-do family.
- Support a charity or a trust. At the same time, make sure you are seen and known by everyone present there, for your good manners and nature.