When it comes to salads, potato salad is one dish that has gained increasing popularity with the passing time. Consumed by people across the world, it is made in a wide variety of ways. However, in majority of the cases, boiled potatoes, fresh garden vegetables, hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise-based dressing or olive oil-based vinaigrette are used as the ingredients. Maximum people like it chilled, but in countries like Germany, potato salad is served warm or hot as well. In the following lines, we have listed two of the very popular recipes, through which you can know how to make potato salad.
Potato Salad Recipes
- 4 pounds Potatoes
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 4 extra large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (plus 2 tbsp extra)
- 1/2 tsp Celery Seed
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup White or Red Onion, finely diced
- 10 Baby Sour Gherkins, finely diced
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and put them in a large stockpot.
- Add enough water to the pot, to cover potatoes by several inches.
- Add a pinch of salt, place the pot on high flame and bring water to boil.
- Now, reduce the heat to low and let the potatoes boil for 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes get easily pierced with fork, remove from heat & drain.
- Let the potatoes cool down. Then, peel them & cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Put diced potatoes in a large serving bowl and drizzle with cider vinegar.
- In a small saucepan, boil the eggs and then put them in ice-cold water.
- After the eggs have cooled down, peel them and finely chop.
- In a bowl, put eggs, mayonnaise, celery seed and mustard. Mix well.
- Add 2 tsp salt and fresh ground black pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the dressing, made in above steps, over the potatoes.
- Fold in celery, red bell pepper, onion and baby sour gherkins.
- Add green onions and chopped parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Place the salad in fridge and let it chill completely.
- Garnish with paprika, hard-boiled egg rounds & chopped chives (optional).
- 1½ pounds Potatoes, boiled and cut into cubes
- 3 Hard-boiled Eggs, thinly cut
- 2-3 tbsp Shredded Carrot (about 1/2 carrot)
- 1 pkg (10 oz) Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green or Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ - ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1-2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Dill, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, to taste
- Sliced Tomato
- Lettuce Leaves
- In a bowl, put potatoes, eggs, carrot, peas, red bell pepper, green or yellow pepper, celery and red onions. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream, mayonnaise, relish and mustard. Mix well and you have the dressing ready.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss gently to combine. You can add more mayonnaise, if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the parsley and dill and mix all the ingredients well.
- Arrange lettuce and tomato slices on the salad plate and top with potato salad. Chill in the fridge and serve.