Perfectly shaped and voluptuous lips are the desire of every girl. After all, plump lips and sexy pout like those of Angelina Jolie or Aishwarya Rai are sought after by women of all ages. However, the question is, how many minutes do you spend on perfecting your lips? Most of us give utmost attention to face, body, hands and feet every day, without caring about the lips. Though surgical solutions, such as botox and collagen injections assure us attractive and sexy lips, remember these solutions come tagged along with a number of side effects. Did you know that with a little planning and working out on your lips, you can provide the right texture and perfect shape to your lips as well. You can improve the tone of your lips and enlarge them by following some simple lip exercises given below. Go ahead and get those beautiful, succulent and plump lips in no time.
Image: ^@^ina (Irina Patrascu)@flickr
Exercises For Fuller Lips
- Sit upright and place your lips and teeth together. Without opening your lips, smile as broad as you can and count till 15 before you relax. Pucker your lips to a pointed kiss. Repeat 10 times.
- Sit straight and press your lips together. Lift your pressed lips towards your nose as close as you can. Retain the position while counting till 5. Relax and repeat 10 times.
- Position your lips into a puckered kiss and retain the position for a while. Relax and pull your lips inside your mouth to get enclosed within the teeth. Hold the position counting till 10. Repeat the entire exercise 5 times.
- Gently press your lips together and bring the corners of the mouth together inside your mouth as close as possible with your mouth muscles. Hold your lips in this position for 5 counts and relax. Repeat 5 times.
- Sit casually with your lips slightly open. Pucker the lips outwards and pull the tops puckered lip towards the nose as close as possible. Hold the position for 10 counts and relax. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Press your lips in over your teeth, as if you are preventing yourself from screaming. Using your index fingers, pull up the corners of the lips as you would, while indicating someone to smile. Keep this position for 5 seconds. Relax and repeat 10 times.
- Open your mouth and stretch your lips out in front. Tightly close your lips and relax the face muscles. While keeping your mouth closed, move your lips to the right and then to the left. Thereafter, make a small eight with your lips. Repeat this sequence 5 times.
- Stretch your lips out and breath out sharply, as your would to blow out a candle. Gently relax your lips and repeat 5 times.
- Take a deep breath and puff up your cheeks. Then roll up your lips into a tube. Gradually, breathe out the air by pushing the air out with two-three blows.
- Close your lips and curl them. Then, curl the lower lip over the lower jaw and open your mouth wide open, while moving the jaw up and down at the same time. Perform this exercise for 10 to 15 minutes per day.