Apple cider vinegar has been used by women since centuries, for getting a soft, clear and beautiful skin. It promotes circulation in the small blood capillaries that irrigate the skin. It is antiseptic and combats yeasts, viruses and bacteria that can cause infection. Apple cider vinegar also dissolves fatty deposits on the skin’s surface and reduces scaly conditions; thus, promoting a softer, smoother appearance. It serves as a good topical treatment in most cases of acne. This is because it helps in dissolving the oil and sebum that clogs pores. The vinegar has been used in various toners and masks to clear acne and get a smooth appearance. Read on further to know some apple cider vinegar facial recipes.
How To Make Facials With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Boil 1 cup of water. Remove from heat and add 1 heaped tablespoon of dried peppermint leaves. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain out the leaves and add 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Stir well and pour into a bottle. You can add a drop or two of lavender or tea tree essential oil. Use this as a toner, after cleansing your face. Store in the refrigerator for best results.
- Boil 1 cup of distilled water. Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon each of chamomile flowers and green tea. Cover and infuse for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture and add 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera and rose water and 3 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix well and pour into a bottle. Store in the refrigerator. Soak a cotton swab and gently cleanse your face with the same.
- Dilute ½ ounce of apple cider vinegar in 4 ounces of mineral water. Crush 5 plain uncoated aspirin tablets and add them to the mixture. Apply this toner to the areas with acne, rough skin or enlarged pores. Store in the refrigerator.
- Mix 4 ounces of distilled water, 2 ounces of rose hydrosol and 2 ounces of strong green tea. Add 1 teaspoon each of vegetable glycerin and apple cider vinegar and stir well. Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil and 5 drops of geranium essential oil. Mix the mixture well and pour into a bottle. Using a cotton pad, wipe your face with this mixture and follow with a good moisturizer. Keep refrigerated.
- Pat apple cider vinegar on your face before going to bed. This will reduce blemishes and make your skin softer, smoother and more youthful.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons of ground oats and ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Use this cleanser once a week, to remove the excess oil.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply this on your face, using a cotton swab, concentrating on the problem areas. Let it dry and then rinse off with warm water.
- Mix some honey, wheal flour and apple cider vinegar to form a paste. Use the paste to lightly cover the areas with pimples. Keep the paste on overnight and rinse off in the morning.