One of the most commonly used chemicals in a household as well as the medical arena is hydrogen peroxide. The uses of hydrogen peroxide are not unknown and every one makes use of this chemical in kitchen, gardens, laundry, etc. This amazing product can be used for health problems as well. Hydrogen peroxide can be used to improve the quality of living and if used in moderation in daily lifestyle, it can solve a number of problems. Chemically, hydrogen peroxide is essentially a water molecule containing two oxygen molecules. The oxygen is what comes into use when it comes to destroying harmful germs. Check out the various household as well as medical uses of hydrogen peroxide.
Household Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide
- When this chemical is diluted with water and used in the laundry in place of the chlorine bleach, it can whiten all your white clothes and make them sparkle. However, refrain from pouring it directly on the clothes as they may fade.
- Mix a 50-50 solution containing hydrogen peroxide and tap water. Pour this into a spray bottle and spray it on your kitchen counters, appliances, sinks, etc. to clean thoroughly and get rid of germs.
- Take one fourth cup of hydrogen peroxide into a sink that has cold water. Put in your fruits and vegetables in that solution and wash them thoroughly. Drain that solution and rinse each vegetable thoroughly in cold tap water and dry. This will help getting rid of germs and harmful pesticides.
- Take an ounce of hydrogen peroxide and mix it into a cup of water. Pour this into a spray bottle and spray your houseplants with it. This solution will make your houseplants grow greener and lush.
Medical Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide kills all kinds of germs that may produce infections. In order to get rid of harmful fungus from your palms and feet, soak your fingernails or toenails in a 50-50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water on a daily basis.
- Hydrogen peroxide makes an excellent homemade tooth whitener. Take a teaspoon of 3% strength hydrogen peroxide and swish it in your mouth like a mouthwash. It will kill germs, remove bad breath and also whiten your teeth.
- Dilute a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in some amount of water and dab a cotton ball in it. Wipe your face with the cotton 2 times a day and you will see your acne getting dried up in no time.
- Hydrogen peroxide is used to clean up ear wax. Tilt your head on the side and pour 3-4 drops of hydrogen peroxide using an eye-dropper into the ear that has excessive wax. After letting it settle for a few minutes, take a syringe with warm water and flush out your ear gently to allow the wax to go out. Take a clean cloth and dry your ear thoroughly.