A handbag forms an essential part of a woman's wardrobe. Whether she is going to attend an office meeting, scheduled for a trip to the hairdresser or out for Christmas shopping, you will always find a handbag with her, either held in hand or slung across the shoulder. In fact, these days handbag is considered to be an important accessory for a woman. So, it is understandable that she would not want to go out with one that is dirty and looks grimy. In order to help all the women out there who use handbags, we have listed cleaning tips for handbags, in the lines below.
How To Clean A Handbag
- Clean Cloth
- Mild Detergent
- Warm Water
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Leather Cleaner
- Suede Cleaner
- Vacuum Cleaner
- First of all, you need to go through the instructions that came with the handbag. You will have to follow them carefully.
- The next thing that you will be required to do is emptying the handbag of its contents completely.
- After your handbag is completely devoid of your belongings, open it as wide as possible, overturn it and shake out any dirt or debris.
- If you feel that the lining of your handbag is tough, vacuum the interior gently, including the zip-up pockets.
- Now is the time to concentrate on the exteriors of your handbag.
- In case your handbag is made of fabric, you can dry clean it or spot clean with warm water. In the latter case, dip a clean, white cloth in a solution of warm water and a gentle detergent. Blot the cloth on the handbag, rather than rubbing.
- For a leather handbag, you will have to make use of leather cleaner, while suede cleaner will work with a suede handbag.
- The handbags made of vinyl, plastic or wood need to be wiped with a clean, damp cloth only. For velvet or silk handbags, going to the dry cleaner will be your best bet.