Are you worried that you favorite pasta dishes are adding to the luxury of your waist line or that they are sending you straight down the path of unhealthy food? If you are not willing to give up pasta, then you will need to figure out a way to make sure that your pasta dishes are good not only for your taste buds but also for your health. Pasta has a lot of carbohydrates in it, which if consumed in excess, are not good for you as they can lead to medical problems like high levels of insulin and can even lead to excess fat being retained by the body. There is however no need to panic and stop eating pasta. The best way to deal with the matter is to reduce the quantity of the carbohydrates and augment the quantity of proteins and vitamins and that is what these recipes will help you with.
How To Make Healthy Pasta Recipes
Chicken And Sun Dried Orzo
- 8 oz orzo, preferably made of whole-wheat
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried Tomatoes, (not oil-packed)- divided
- 1 Plum Tomato- diced
- 1 clove Garlic- peeled
- 3 tsp chopped fresh Marjoram- divided
- 1 tbsp Red-Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp plus 1 tbsp extra-virgin Olive Oil- divided
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, trimmed (1-1 ¼ pounds)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Pepper
- 1 9-ounce packaged frozen Artichoke Hearts- thawed
- ½ cup finely shredded Romano cheese- divided
- Boil the orzo till it becomes tender. Once done, take it out and rinse it in cold water.
- Blend 1 cup water, ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, plum tomato, garlic, 2 teaspoons of marjoram, vinegar and 2 teaspoons of oil in a blender.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook it in the remaining oil over a medium flame till it’s golden on the outside and cooked right up to the middle.
- Take a pan and boil all the tomato sauce you prepared earlier.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes to the pan along with the orzo, artichoke hearts and 6 tablespoons cheese and make sure you cook it thoroughly.
- To serve the dish, put a slice of the chicken on top of a helping of pasta and cover it with the tomato sauce that you just prepared.
Pasta, Shrimp And Cheese Bake
- 12 oz Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup fat-free Milk
- ¾ cup (8 oz) plain low-fat Yogurt
- 4 oz Feta Cheese- crumbled
- ½ cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 tsp dried and crushed Basil
- 1 tsp dried and crushed Oregano leaves
- One 16-ounce jar mild, thick and chunky Salsa
- ¾ pound medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- First take the pasta and cook it according to the directions on the packet and drain it.
- Next, take a medium bowl and mix the eggs, milk, yogurt, feta cheese, swiss cheese, basil and oregano in it.
- Spread ½ of the pasta on the bottom of a baking dish and spread the salsa over the pasta.
- Place ½ of the shrimp over the salsa and cover it up using the remaining pasta. Now pour the egg mixture you made earlier over the pasta.
- Put the remaining shrimp on the egg mixture and sprinkle cheese on the whole dish.
- Take the dish and place it in the oven which has been pre-heated to about 350 degrees F and bake it for about 35 minutes.
- Once it’s done, let it cool for about 10 minutes before you bring out your fork and spoons.
- 8 oz of Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 tbsp of crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 sliced Zucchinis
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 chopped Tomatoes
- 12 leaves of fresh Basil
- 4 oz of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Take a large pot of water with a tiny amount of salt in it and boil it.
- Once the water starts to boil add the pasta to it and cook for about 10 minutes. Once boiled well, drain it.
- Now take a medium skillet and heat it over a medium flame. Once hot, add some oil to it and sauté the garlic till it is golden.
- Now add the zucchini, salt and pepper and sauté everything for about 2 minutes before adding in the tomatoes.
- Chop up some basil and add it to the vegetables just before adding them to the pasta.
- To serve the dish, mix the pasta with the vegetables and sprinkle some of the cheese on top of it.
Remember that eating less does not mean you are eating healthy. These recipes will help you eat the same amount but with more nutritional value added to them.