Are you tired of the bulging plump and ever-increasing back fat? Do not worry, as you are not alone in the problem. Today, most of the people, especially young females, are found lamenting on rolls of fat that pop out from their skimpy tops and busters, especially around the mid section and over the waistband of the jeans. To keep your back toned, you need to dedicate some time everyday, on exercises and workouts. Remember, a toned back would not only give you a sculpted look, but also help erase any kind of back problem. Also, such a workout would help you lower blood pressure, control blood sugar level, relieve chronic muscle pain and activate your immune system. In the following lines, we have provided some effective back fat exercises that are sure to tone your body and add to your appearance.
Back Fat Reduction Exercises
Upper Back Exercise
- The first step would be to stand in an upright position, with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Make sure to keep your back straight, knees slightly bent and stomach pulled in.
- Holding the dumbbell in each hand, bend the wrist in 90 degree angle. However, ensure that your fingers are relaxed and the arms are hanging towards the floor, with the palms facing your legs.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades together. Now, bend the elbows and raise the dumbbells to your sides.
- Hold the position for sometime, before going back to the original position.
Rear Delt Fly
- For this exercise, you need to sit on the edge of a chair or bench, holding light weights in each hand, behind each leg.
- Lean forward from the hips, keeping the back flat. Tuck chin into chest
- Now, raise both the arms to the sides and slowly bend elbows as you lift the weights.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades together and hold the position for sometime.
- Now, gradually lower your arms to the starting position.
- To do this exercise, you need a rowing machine.
- Sit on the machine, with your chest against the pad.
- Now, grab hold of both the levers of the machine and pull them back, until your elbows have passed your torso.
- Hold the position for sometime, before letting the level go back to the starting position.
Lower Back Exercises
Opposite Arm/Leg Lifts
- The first step would be to lie flat on your stomach, with arms extended over the head.
- Make sure your legs are straight and the forehead is resting on the floor.
- Now, slowly raise the right arm and the left leg simultaneously. Ensure that your pelvis and chest lie flat on the floor.
- Hold the position for sometime, before going back to the original one.
- Now, repeat the process, using the opposite arm and leg.
Back Extension Using Exercise Ball
- Firstly, lie with your abdomen on the ball, keeping the upper body and neck parallel to floor.
- Now, place your hands behind the head and rest your feet at a wider distance than your shoulder width.
- Slowly raise the upper body, until your chest level is several inches above the ball.
- Hold the position for about 3 seconds, before returning to starting position.