Are bananas fattening? Most people think so since bananas are high in calories and denser in carbohydrates compared to other fruits. But, this is not true. Bananas, just like any other fruit, when consumed in excess are fattening. They are considered as the number one fruits among athletes, since they give an instant boost of energy. An easy snack food, a banana does not require any packing. It can be easily placed in a purse, briefcase, backpack or your child’s lunch. Apart from providing energy and hunger, bananas also help in overcoming and preventing a number of illnesses and conditions. Read on further to find out the reasons for eating bananas and why they are not fattening.
Reasons To Eat A Banana
- Banana is just like any other fruit and no fruits are fattening in their natural state.
- It contains no cholesterol, no sodium and no fat. This clearly indicates that a banana is not fattening.
- It should be eaten raw as a fruit. When combined with milk, ice cream and cereals, it becomes heavy and results in weight gain.
- Since it is easily digested, the banana is not stored in the body, thus preventing from gaining weight.
- Bananas contain three natural sugars, namely, sucrose, fructose and glucose. These sugars combine with fiber, providing an instant boost of energy to the body.
- Consuming two bananas gives enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. They cover up carbohydrates, glycogen and fluids burnt during exercise.
- As compared to other fruits that take 15 minutes to digest, a banana takes 45 minutes to get digested. This is the simple reason why people feel heavy after eating bananas. Do not worry. Wait for 45 minutes and you will feel lighter and energetic.
- Having bananas and other fruits in your breakfast help in losing weight. You can see the results in a week’s time. This, thus, proves that bananas are not fattening.
- Bananas are organic living food and no organic food is fattening.
- They are a rich source of vitamin A and C, enzymes and abundant in minerals like zinc and potassium. None of these nutrients put on weight.
- They are also a good source of vitamin B6 that helps in maintaining blood sugar levels. Vitamin B6 is also essential for building proteins in the body, nerves and immune cells.
- Bananas do not contain toxic wastes that are present in cooked food and meat. No waste, as a result, leads to no fat, thereby causing no fattening.
- A great source of fiber, bananas help in relieving constipation and detoxifying a body. Hence, bananas help in losing weight and not in weight gain.
- The high potassium in bananas regulates blood pressure and minimizes the premenstrual syndrome effects in women.
- Bananas stimulate the production of haemoglobin in the blood thus, helping in cases of anemia.
- They have a natural antacid effect in the body. Thus, a person suffering from heartburn can switch to eating a banana, instead of taking an antacid.