In common terminology, one can describe Irish whisky as a whiskey made in Ireland. Irish whisky is one of the various types of whiskies produced in the world. Though almost all the whiskies are produced in a manner that is broadly similar, there are subtle differences in the final product, mainly in their taste and aroma. The reason why Irish whisky is different from other types of whiskies is that it is produced with different proportions of raw and malted barley, which is dried in a distinct way. The whisky contains mixed grains from a column still. This grain whiskey is then mixed with the malt whiskey to create the blended whiskey form.
In the present times, most of the Irish whisky found is a blend of malted and un-malted barley. It is the un-malted barley that gives the characteristic sweetness to the whisky. At the time of malting Irish whisky, peat is not used, so that the whisky retains a smoother finish as compared to the smoky, earthly tones of Scotch. Another point of difference between the making of an Irish whiskey and Scotch is that while the former is distilled three times, the latter is distilled only two times. Coming to the popular uses, Irish whisky is used to make a number of cocktails. In the following lines, we have listed some of the exotic Irish whisky cocktails, along with their recipe.
Irish Whisky Cocktail Recipes
- 1½ oz Irish Whisky
- ¾ oz Irish Mist
- Ice Cubes
- The first step would be to take a rocks glass for the purpose.
- Now, put ice cubes in the glass so that it covers the base.
- Next is turn of pouring Irish whisky into the glass
- Follow it up with Irish mist and you would have Irish Brogue at your disposal.
- All you need to do is sip the Irish Brogue in the company of friends.
- 1 oz Irish Whiskey
- 1 oz Irish Mist
- 1 oz Irish Cream liqueur
- Ice Cubes
- First of all, take a rocks glass for Irish Trinity.
- Now, put the ice cubes in it.
- The next step would be to pour the Irish whisky.
- Follow it up with an Irish mist.
- Finally, add Irish cream liqueur to the cocktail.
- Now, just relax and enjoy the cocktail!!
Irish Whisky Cocktail
- 2 oz Irish Whisky
- ½ tsp Orange Liqueur
- ½ tsp Anisette
- ¼ tsp Maraschino Liqueur
- A dash of Bitters
- Ice Cubes
- The first step would be to take a mixing glass and fill it with cracked ice. Make sure half of the glass is covered with the cracked ice.
- Now, pour all the ingredients in the mixing glass and stir them properly. Each of the ingredients should blend with the other.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass.
- Just, garnish with an olive and your tempting Irish whisky cocktail is ready to be served!