Sandwiches are always a good option for breakfast or for the times when you are on the move. The biggest advantage with them is that they are easy to prepare and do not require too much effort. Moreover, there is a wide variety of sandwich recipes that can be prepared as per your taste and nutrition. So, you can always make a new sandwich for breakfast, if bored with the same ol' ones. Here, we have listed recipes for yet another type of sandwich - called chicken pesto sandwich, which is a delight for the non vegetarians. The sandwich comes across a delicious combination of creamy cheese, pesto and mayonnaise. To know more about its preparation, read on.
How to Make Chicken Pesto Sandwich
- 1 package Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup Spinach Pesto
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1½ cups Cooked Chicken, chopped
- 10 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 3 tbsp Butter, softened
- Take a medium bowl and put cream cheese and ranch dressing in it.
- Beat both the ingredients together, till they become smooth.
- To this, add pesto and the cheese, while stirring continuously.
- After this, add chicken to the mixture.
- Now, take bread slices and apply softened butter on one side.
- Following this, prepare sandwiches by applying the filling within the bread slices, with the buttered side inside.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge, for later use.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless & trimmed of fat
- 3/4 cup Pesto, divided
- 1 sweet Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Tomato Slices
- Lettuce Leaves
- 8 slices Havarti Cheese
- 8 Hamburger Buns/ 16 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- First of all, you will have to cut each of the four chicken breasts into two equal pieces.
- Cover each of the, now, eight chicken pieces with wax paper or saran wrap. Now, pound them well, until they become thin.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large zip lock bag and add 1/2 cup of pesto. Let the pieces marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- After the olive oil becomes hot, add onion slices and a bit of salt.
- Sauté the onions for 15-20 minutes, or until they become caramelized.
- In the meantime, place chicken breasts on a hot grill and grill for about 5 minutes.
- Now, flip the chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheese to the chicken and continue to grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the juices run clear.
- Toast the buns and then mayonnaise and pesto on each side
- Place one of the halves of each bun on a plate, with the mayonnaise & pesto-applied side up.
- Now, place chicken on top, followed by caramelized onions, lettuce and tomato.
- Cover with the other half of the bun, mayonnaise & pesto-applied side down.
- Your chicken pesto sandwich is ready!