Christmas is a time for love, goodwill and merriment. If you have the craving to recite a few quotations, you will do well to recite witty quotations. After all you wouldn’t want to recite offensive and insensitive quotes and end up in an awkward situation that leaves your guests goaded and annoyed. Reciting witty quotes based on Christmas at a Christmas party may well serve your own desire to sound as smart as you look. The quotations mentioned here have been taken from those made by famous writers, cartoonists and other such well-known celebrities. Since Christmas is a time of joy, the quotes mentioned here also try to convey that same cheerful and loving embrace that Christmas advocates. Even if you do not want to recite quotations at your Christmas party, these lines have another novel use. You could also use them on the Christmas cards that you send out this year.
Witty Christmas Quotations
- Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve. Yuletide excitement is potent caffeine, no matter your age- Carrie Latet
- You know you're getting old, when Santa starts looking younger- Robert Paul
- Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit- Kin Hubbard.
- A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together- Garrison Keillor
- There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries- W.J. Cameron.
- Even before Christmas has said Hello, it's saying 'Buy Buy'- Robert Paul
- In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!' -Dave Barry
- Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home- Carol Nelson
- He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree- Roy L. Smith
- I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys- Charles Dickens
- Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall- Larry Wilde
- The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing other's loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas- WC Jones
- The earth has grown old with its burden of care, but at Christmas it always is young. The heart of the jewel burns lustrous and fair and its soul full of music breaks the air, when the song of angels is sung- Phillips Brooks