Whether shoring off to the Bahamas for a long vacation or just out on a long road trip, the last thing you would like to be stranded with is a deficit baggage! This could mean anything, right from shortage of cash to clothes, leaving your daily medicines or worse, your tooth brush, shower gel and even tickets behind. How often have you left for the trip and then exhausted your wits, trying to figure out the exact contents of your baggage? Forgetfulness is almost a universal syndrome that strikes most travelers, especially when they are haplessly trying to stuff in things, with little sense, restricted time and no order. Packing right is where the real joy of traveling begins. After all, you wouldn’t really like to get stranded on foreign shores without your visa documents or a second pair of undergarments. One thumb rule to apply when packing for a trip is to make a list of all the necessary items in advance and then hit the bags. Before you head for a bon voyage, just check out the following tips on what ‘not’ to forget when on a leisure trip and enjoy a hassle-free travel experience. And yes, don’t forget to take your bohemian spirit along! Read on to know more.
Things To Take On A Leisure Trip
- When out on a trip, you just can’t afford to leave your essentials behind. Pack in all your toiletries, which would include your toothbrush, floss, toothpaste, mouthwash, nail clippers, cologne, razor, shaving cream, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, moisturizer and all other bare essentials. After all, you wouldn’t like to end up stinking like an animal when outing!
- If you are chartering new territories, the last thing you would want on be faced with is to get lost. In that case, carrying a road map or a local map would make sense. Just get a map from a local bookstore and keep it handy, lest you need it while driving around or just a brief guide when out for sightseeing.
- One of the foremost things to be borne in mind when flying off to foreign locales is the climate of the place you are visiting. If you chance to visit a warmer country, just don’t forget to tag a sunscreen along. Also, it would pay to have some emollients, bug creams, pain sprays and skin creams handy. Don’t forget your hat and sunglasses too. After all, you wouldn’t like to return from a trip looking like a roasted turkey!
- No matter which part of the globe you choose to go, always remember to keep the important documents handy. Keep the plane tickets, passport, license, credit cards, shopping cards, business cards, calling cards, driving license, traveler’s checks and health insurance cards close-at-hand. Also, keep your confirmation and hotel reservation documents ready, lest you have to go without a refuge in a foreign land.
- You don’t really need to pack your entire wardrobe when out on a trip. Just stuff in some basic casuals, tees, tops, trousers, and sarongs (if out on a beach) coupled with a formal wear and you are good to go! And yes, don’t forget to keep a warm piece of clothing, plenty of undergarments and socks handy.
- Do not ever dare to step out of the house without a first aid kit! After all, you wouldn’t want to get stuck with a heartburn or headache during a trip. Keep painkillers, antacids, cotton balls and band-aid handy.
- Doesn’t matter if you are lazing out on a sun kissed beach or indulging in a luxury cruise, you simply can’t go on without your gizmos and gadgets. So, remember to take along your camcorder, navigation phone, ipod, binoculars and yes even your mobile phones, while away from home. This will help you stay connected and accessible anywhere, all the time.