When in school, many people wait for the time when they will be at college. And when in college, people just can’t wait to get out into the world of employment. And when they are employed, they think back of the good old days, when they were at college and wish they could re-live those years. There are many who would find it hard to believe that college education really plays a vital role in people’s lives. They might feel that it is a waste of time and money, especially since good jobs can be got even with a high school diploma. Are you one of them? Do you feel that college is just a waste of three-four years of your life? If you feel so, then it’s time to think again. College education has numerous benefits, which can have a positive effect, right, while you are at college, as well as through the rest of your life. These years will pave the pathways of your career and shape your personality. They will also turn out to be the brightest and most colorful years of your life. Of course, going to college is a huge step that you will have to take. But then, life is all about taking huge steps – in the right direction! Read on to know the benefits of a college education.
Benefits Of A College Education
- You can get a college degree, which will help propel your career in the right direction and give you better job prospects. It has been proven that, in a lifetime, a college graduate earns over a million dollars more than those with just a high school diploma.
- College graduates have more job security, and therefore are less likely to be jobless than their contemporaries who are high school diploma holders. Also, with the number of desk jobs that are being outsourced or computerized, you will have a higher chance of being hired for one of the few remaining jobs if you have a college degree.
- If you have a college degree, you are more marketable in the job arena. This is because there are a lot of jobs, especially in health care and business support services, that require at least a bachelor’s degree to be eligible.
- You learn good reasoning and analytical skills with the aid of the academic and extracurricular activities. Apart from these, the oral examinations will help boost your self-confidence and communication skills.
- You benefit immensely by the environment that a college offers and get a chance to be a part of a large group, thus improving your social skills.
- A college education leads to health and happiness. This is because, since you will be able to get a higher paying job, you will be able to afford amenities like gym memberships and better health plans.