Decorating a venue for a wedding is no small task and something as small as the pew could make a big difference to the decorations that you put up in the church. When you think of the decorations, it all seems so easy till you actually start decorating. The first hurdle you face is to decide on how to decorate the church without making the decoration so overbearing that it takes the attention away from the main event. For those who have a lot to do and not much time to spare to decide on every small detail for the wedding, there are professional wedding planners who will take over the responsibility of planning out the entire wedding. However, for those who still like to be actively involved in the process, there are ways in which the hurdle of decorating the church can be overcome. This article will help you come up with ideas on how you could decorate the pews in your church.
Wedding Pew Decoration Ideas
Decorating the pews is not an impossible task. All you need is a good imagination and some creativity.
- The simplest way to decorate a pew would be to tie a bow on the backrest of each pew. When you select the color of the bow, make sure that you choose a color that is not too bright or loud. Choosing a sober sophisticated color, especially one that matches the rest of the decoration without being an eye sore, would be a good idea.
- If you are not looking to tie bows then you could also go in for flowers and candles. You could have candles in class holders tied to the pews. To complete the decoration you could have a base made for each of the candle stands using your favorite flower. Make sure you don’t light the candles till the very last minute, otherwise they might burn out and finish even before the wedding begins.
- You could also decorate the pews with candles kept on stands that are at least four feet tall.
- Another thing, not seen very often, is a wreath. You could have small wreaths made and put up on the pews. Once the wreaths are in place you could have a ribbon tied through each of the wreaths that are on the side of the aisle.
- Another good idea would be to have short columns set up at a fair distance from each other. You can have a bouquet of flowers that match the color of the columns put on top of each column and then have a broad strip of cloth, preferably the same color as the flowers or a few shades darker, tied to each column connecting them to each other.
- If you are looking to do something really different then you could have the pews match the theme that you set for the wedding. For example, if you have chosen a theme like a mexican fiesta, then you could have all the pews decorated with sombreros.
These are just a few ways in which you could decorate the pews at your wedding. If you have something special in mind, don’t be afraid to employ it.