Stomach may be the most hated part of the body and not because it makes us mortal but because more often than not it carries a spare tire or a bulgy balloon, that is the stomach flab or belly fat. The problem with stomach fat is that it can ruin the shape of an otherwise perfect body. Our lifestyle is such that most of us have to spend time sitting in front of the computers. With the workaholic schedules, and wrong food habits (burgers, pizzas, cold coffees, ice creams, beers, do count), we only realize when we have already gained the flab around the waist and stomach. The added inches to the mid-section of our body doesn’t only restrict you in wearing bathing suits but also pose serious threat of being at higher risk of heart diseases, diabetes, and many other grave diseases according to some researches. In addition, it is not easy to lose belly fat. It needs lots of patience and constant workout to get rid of stomach fat. Read on to know the ways to lose stomach fat.
How To Lose Belly Fat
- The best thing, which you can do in order to lose weight, is to eliminate refined and processed carbohydrates from your diet. Some of the processed carbohydrates, which you need to avoid, are pizza, pastries, pasta, buns, rolls, chocolates, jellies, potato chips, tacos etc.
- Incorporate fat burning foods in your diet. These “fat burning” foods are foods, which helps in increasing the metabolism, which in turn helps the body to lose the fat. Include fats, which are high in proteins. Foods such as broccoli, green tea, cabbage, carrots, jalapenos, beans (kidney, navy, white), grapefruit, watermelon, apples, berries (blue, black, etc), cayenne pepper, garlic and ginger, low fat dairy products, papayas etc.
- Cardiovascular exercises are your salvation to lose belly fat. Swimming, running, jogging, brisk walking, climbing up the stairs etc are good cardiovascular exercises. Incorporate these exercises in your daily life.
- Take smaller meals but don’t keep yourself starved. Take smaller five or six meals instead of large three meals. Instead of snacking on French fries and potato chips, snack on some fruits.
- You can also incorporate weight-training exercises. As opposed to the common myth that weight-training exercises is just for the body builders, these exercises are quite helpful in losing belly fat.
- Instead of just going for either cardiovascular exercises or weight training exercises, incorporate the combo of both the exercises for best results. Ask your trainer for how to successfully incorporate both these exercises.
- Sit-ups, kick boxing, kayaking, rock climbing, inline skating are some other exercises which are helpful in getting rid of belly fat.
- Be active whether at work or home. Being active will help you lose belly fat. When at work, go for a walk after lunch hour or use stairs instead of elevators. At home, also be active and do some, housework instead of depending on the maid for everything.
- Drink enough water. Although clichéd nothing can, stress the importance water has in keeping us fit and fine. Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water. However the amount of water you should intake on your active life and also on the weather of the place.
- Remember that losing belly fat will take time and you need to constantly work on it to reduce the stomach flab. Don’t go on crash diet or leave the workout in middle. Have a proper nutritious diet and workout regularly. Soon you will start to see the change. However, don’t expect miracles as stomach fat is stubborn and may take time to get in shape.