For those of you who have a sweet tooth and are constantly looking for new recipes to satiate your craving, here is a refreshing dessert recipe that is sure to sway your mood and taste buds alike. The combo of vanilla and yogurt can give you a delicious outcome. If you love yogurt but stay far from a yogurt shop, then you should definitely learn how to make it yourself, so that you can enjoy your yogurt sitting at home. There are many yummy recipes that you can try out of vanilla and yogurt. Apart from satisfying you, the dessert would surely cool you down during hot summer days. Few ingredients and some simple steps/ methods to follow are all that you need to lay your hands on to enjoy a homemade vanilla frozen yoghurt treat. This article will provide you with different recipes from vanilla frozen yogurt.
How To Make Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 1 ½ cups Evaporated Skim Milk
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Non-fat Yogurt (Stirred)
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- Take a medium sized saucepan and combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in egg, milk and corn syrup.
- Cook over low heat, while stirring continuously, till the mixture thickens. Once cooked, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Slit open the vanilla beans and scrape the seeds into the mixture, along with the vanilla extract and yogurt.
- Refrigerate the mixture until chilled and then freeze it in ice-cream freezer.
Creamy Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 3 cups Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix together yogurt, sugar and vanilla and refrigerate the mixture for 45 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl of ice-cream maker and freeze it.
Lime-Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 32 oz Whole-Milk Plain Yogurt
- 6 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- ¾ cup Superfine Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Fresh Lime Zest (finely grated)
- Take a cheesecloth-lined large sieve and drain the yogurt. Cover and chill it. Discard the liquid in the bowl.
- Cut vanilla beans length wise and scrape out the seeds.
- Take a blender and make puree of vanilla seeds, half of the drained yogurt and remaining ingredients.
- Once blended, pour the vanilla mixture in a bowl and add the remaining yogurt.
- Transfer the mixture into ice-cream maker and freeze. Once frozen, transfer the yogurt to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden further.