Coffee is one of the most popular beverages of the present times and comprises of the single most popular use of the coffee beans. A hot cuppa coffee can be the perfect solution to all your tiredness and exhaustion. It can help you get the much-required energy, after a hard day at work, and can refresh you for that late night party. However, apart from this most-popular use, coffee beans can be employed in a number of other cases too. In the following lines, we have mentioned the top ten uses of coffee beans, apart from making that hot cuppa.
Uses for Coffee Beans
- Coffee beans can be used to get rid of food preparation smells from your hands. Just put them in your hand and rub the palms together, for a few seconds.
- If your refrigerator smells too much of the food kept in there, place a bowl, filled with some coffee beans, inside it.
- In absence of a mouth freshener, simply suck on a coffee bean. It will make your breath fresh and clean, in a matter of minutes.
- Coffee beans can be used for dying paper. Put some coffee beans in a cup of hot water. After a few seconds, use the water to dye paper.
- Coarsely grind coffee beans. Now, wet your face and use the grounds to scrub your face. Ground coffee is good for exfoliating purposes.
- You can add ground coffee beans to the plant pots in your house. It will help keep flies and other mites at bay and also improve the quality of the soil. However, do not use in excess.
- Coarsely ground coffee beans have been found to be very effective for cleaning greasy pans.
- To keep your kitty away from your garden, sprinkle coffee grounds, mixed with orange peels, around the plants.
- Tossing wet coffee grounds over the ashes in the fireplace can help keep the ash dust under control. Thereafter, you can proceed to clean the fireplace.
- You can use coffee beans for filling your bean bags, though the process can turn out to be pretty expensive.