Self esteem is often regarded as the self worth, which a person feels about himself. It reflects the person's overall self appraisal and the positivism he feels. One's behavior and emotions says a lot about how the person feels for himself. But there are times, when you feel just the opposite. Your confidence levels are steeply low and you do not feel that you are worthy of anything. It is during these times that you become clueless about how to build your self esteem and regain the respect and regard in your own eyes. Check out to find some easy tips on developing self esteem.
How to Build Self Esteem
- Envision good about you - When you are at a phase, where your self confidence and self esteem is low, you often tend to think everything negative about yourself. Do not criticize yourself instead look out for positives in you. Spend some time of the day thinking about what are your strengths and what good may happen to you in the future.
- Take good self care - It's usually noticed that when people have low self esteem and low self confidence, they usually do not care about themselves. They might care about others but when it's their turn, they would not bother. It is highly recommended to take good self care because if you feel good about yourself, your self esteem will get a boost.
- Be in good company - People have vibes. Some people have positive vibes while the rest have negative vibes. It is always suggested to be in the company of good people with positive vibes because they would lift your spirits and make you feel worthy of yourself.
- Have focused goals - At times when you feel low and worn out, it is very necessary to strengthen your vision about your goals. Have focused goals because when you accomplish them step by step, you build your confidence and self esteem.
- Read your diary - For people who maintain their diary, read it to have positive feelings. Your accomplishments of your past and the will for your future will go on a long way to regain those lost hopes and would increase your self esteem.
- Reflect each day - It is very important for each one of us to reflect on the day, which has passed. However, make sure you think of good things that have happened. Do not indulge in negative thinking because it would not be beneficial to you. Think of positive things.
- Share your success with others - It's often said that you should not boast about yourself but there are times, when you should share your achievements with your friends. This would make you feel elated and would in turn enhance your feeling of worth for yourself. Once you indulge in these activities, they would increase your self esteem by leap and bounds.