Speed dating is one of the most convenient ways of knowing people and socializing, in the busy world of today. As the name suggests, speed dating is about getting things done at a fast pace. The concept involves many boys and girls interacting with each other to know their compatibility levels. This gives them a chance to know more than one person at a time and then decide whom they want to date. The concept can be really fun filled, yet tiring at the same time. However, with the help of the tips and advice given below, you can easily manage to master the art of speed dating.
Tips for Speed Dating
- While going for such an encounter, make sure you are well groomed. Your appearance speaks a lot about your personality and can greatly influence anyone’s first perception of you.
- Try to be an interesting conversationalist, rather than indulging in senseless drivel. You can do this by reading the newspaper everyday and keeping yourself well informed.
- One of the keys to success, while speed dating, is to make the other person laugh. A good sense of humor always makes people remember you. Moreover, it makes the environment more relaxed and easy going.
- Be confident and do away with nervousness. Confidence attracts people and enables them to trust you and your abilities more.
- Be positive and stay away from negative conversations. This can give a pessimistic view about your personality, something which would prevent people from getting attracted towards you.
- Never talk about your ex or your past relationships. This won’t be a welcoming sign for the new person.
- Be yourself and be comfortable with what you are. Avoid pretending to be someone you are not.
- Make sure you ask relevant and powerful questions, which help you in providing an insight into the other person’s personality traits.
- In case of confusion, avoid assumptions and try to get to the bottom of the matter.
- Try to build a rapport with your date to maximize your chances of clicking with him/her.
- Keep a check on your body language. Avoid postures such as slouching, crossing your arms etc. Instead keep your hands free and lean slightly forward, to look interested.
- Focus on the other person and the conversation. This will help you in bringing about the real person sitting in front of you.
- Don’t make the affair look like a test or challenge. Do not try to emerge a winner. Instead, try to have fun and get to know some interesting people around.