A pair of uncomfortable shoes can make you walk like Donald Duck. And who would like to walk like a duck? Good shoes give you good posture, which is important for a good persona, which in turn improves self-worth and confidence. You should select shoes, which suit your foot length and width, your overall personality and finally its purpose. You can't buy a boot for jogging or running practice and it is not good to wear a sports shoe or designer shoe in your office where people expect you in formal and official appearance. So, shoes should be bought keeping specific purpose in mind. Your shoes should be right fit for your foot; otherwise, they would affect your health adversely. Read on the article to get many more tips for buying comfortable shoes.
Image: ...love Maegan@flickr
How To Buy Comfortable Shoes
- Before buying a pair of shoes, it is important to get the exact measurement of the feet. Take separate measurement for each foot because each foot can vary slightly in size. It is good to try shoes in afternoon or evening because feet are largest at this time.
- You should always try on shoes and avoid relying on the size indicated because companies measure the sizes in their unique way. You should wear the shoes and walk when you are buying and check whether you have space for the longest toe of each foot.
- Shoes also have shock absorbers to prevent your feet from getting the total impact of the bumps and other sharp surfaces. Full size inner soles with proper cushioning can protect multiple pressure points and that can reduce injuries. You should go for good brands for getting good shock absorber shoes.
- The shoe materials such as leather and suede provide more flexibility and comfort because the material itself can adjust to the shape of your foot and exercise lesser resistance in the sensitive areas.
- Most women develop serious problems with their feet because of the high heels shoes they wear. It is also proved that one shouldn’t wear high-heeded shoes for a very long time because it causes shin splints, twisted ankles, tendonitis and even small fractures in the feet bones. If at all you need to go for high heeled shoes, you can go for wedged heels and platform heels instead of stilettos.
- It is advisable not to buy shoes, which are too trendy and time-specific, because they will be outdated in a small duration of time and you would stick out like a sore thumb after the trend is gone. Trendy shoes cost more money and if you are a budget conscious person, it will not be a good decision to go for them.