In the hustle-bustle of life, who gets anytime for themselves? From the moment we wake up till the time we go back to sleep, every moment in our life is set to accomplish some goal. Running in circles, you would hear people often complaining that they do not have time for anything and least of all, for their own selves. From the beginning of our understanding of life, we have been taught to keep on moving. We are told that life is a race, a competition; opportunities are few and candidates are many, that is why we need to rush, grab these limited opportunities and be a winner. We try and accumulate a lot of wealth, thinking that there would ‘one day’ come a time in our life when we can spend it to attain happiness. That ‘one day’ unfortunately never comes for a lot of us and we find ourselves, more often than not, caught in the race of life. We all are so conglomerated in the system and the ‘functionality’ of the life that we forget to take out time for ourselves and do something special, to make our self happy. In the malarkey of reasons and logic, of maintenance of life and its functions, of ‘what people will say’ or ‘what will they think’ – we forget that it is not the big things that will make us happy, it is the small and meaningless things which ends up relaxing us and making us pristinely satisfied and happy. A healthy mind and a healthy heart reside in a relaxed body and the actual relaxation comes from giving yourself sometime to stop and just be. So next time you feel like you are ‘bored’ then think of it as an opportunity to slow down and enjoy the little things in life. Boredom is a state of mind; it means that you have got time, will and energy to do something but you do not know exactly what you should be doing. In times like these, you need some creative ideas to spend that time and energy into doing something worthwhile and refreshing; whether it means to just sit idle in the midst of nature and only observe or may be something as silly as playing with the water hose. Time well utilized into reviving yourself, will slow you down in life and make you feel like a child again; ready for the new challenges in life. This can be your ‘me time’ and you can do absolutely anything you like in this time. If you run out of ideas of what to do when you are bored, then we are here to keep you motivated. Here are some ideas on things you can do when you have nothing to do.
Keep Yourself Entertained When You Are Bored
- Go On A Walk: If you live in an area surrounded by nature then it is all the more wonderful; go on a walk and relax yourself. Observe the nature, walk through the little alleys and sit beneath a shady tree. Catch up with nature.
- Catch Up With Your Passions: If you are a painter then paint something or if you like to dance then do not be shy, put on some music and dance. If singing interests you then sing to yourself. In whichever activity your interests and passion lies, in this alone time, pursue that.
- Reminiscence: Revive the old memories; look at the old pictures or scrapbooks or your school-college year books. In the day to day life, we do not get the time to give ourselves some space to be nostalgic. But, now that you have got some time on your hands, dive into the pool of old memories.
- Photographs: Sort out old pictures or take print out for new ones and put them in an album, according to its date and event. You can also have some creative fun with it and make a scrapbook; you can make it sentimental or down-right hilarious, depending on your mood.
- Write A dairy: Start writing a dairy. Express yourself in it, what you like and what you do not like. Make it your best friend and share every secret with it. It will be a great way to spend your alone time and you will be able to register the little details of your life and your feelings, it will be amusing to read it later, when you have out grown these feelings.
- Play A Sport Or Game: You can play a game or a sport to keep yourself entertained. These games or sports should be the kind that you can play yourself or at least play from the both sides. It can be golf or squash or chess, etc. You can also teach yourself to play a new game or a sport; find the instructions from Google and try your hand at it. You can also learn to play a musical instrument like this.
- Watch Or Read: If you are movie buff, then just relax and watch a movie of whichever genre you like. Get yourself a big bucket of popcorn or ice-cream and sit back and have fun. It does not matter if you are with someone or alone, as long as you are doing something that interests you, you will never be bored or feel lonely. You can also read a book of your choice; reading a book is a very engrossing activity, you can be lost in it for hours, if you are a reader.
- Go On A Little Trip: Organize for yourself a trip to your favorite place or to the place that you have been wanting to see for a long time. This can be anything, a theatre show or a museum visit or visit to the nearby town (if you have the kind of time), or even shopping. You can be creative and find yourself a natural sport, get a picnic basket and fill it with sandwiches and wine or soft drinks and have a peaceful picnic. You can read a book or listen to music while you are enjoying your little picnic.
- Surf The Net: If you are the geeky kind, then sit in front of the computer and explore the world of internet. You can find a lot of creative things to do there or you can build up your communication with old buddies and lost friends on facebook or tweeter. You can also start a blog of your own and put some creative articles or ideas on it and interact with strangers through it.
- Take A Nap: If you work very hard and you hardly get time to relax and sleep, then go to sleep. Take a long and relaxing heavenly nap. Forget about your concerns and find yourself lost in the deep slumber. This is going to revive your mind and body. If you are dead tired then anyway you would not be able to do anything. Taking a quick nap is the best option.