Thanksgiving is a festive occasion celebrated in most parts of the world with great enthusiasm and joy. It is the time for feasting and enjoying a lavish Thanksgiving dinner as also to revel in the company of loved ones. Most of the celebrators plan for a wholesome Thanksgiving menu, ranging from tempting appetizers to scrumptious main course delicacies and delectable desserts. However, the dessert recipes for children have to be a little more creative for the simple reason that they love to have desserts. In case you are looking for some delightful thanksgiving dessert recipes for kids, follow the article.
Easy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes For Children
Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 Pie Crusts (refrigerated)
- 1 Egg White
- 8 large Apples (peeled, cored and thinly-sliced)
- 1/3 cup Sugar (granulated)
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees F.
- Unfold the pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Brush egg white on it to prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
- Allow the egg white to dry till the time you prepare the filling.
- Toss the apples with flour, sugar and cinnamon. Pile them into the prepared crust.
- Now unfold the second pie crust over the apples. Tuck the excess crust under the bottom crust. Fold the edges using your fingers.
- Cut 3-4 slits in the top crust to facilitate the passage of steam inside. Using a sheet of aluminum foil, cover the pie loosely.
- Bake the apple pie for 10 minutes. Then remove the foil and lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake for another 30-40 minutes.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 3/4 cup Sugar (granulated)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 9-inch Chocolate Cracker Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 275 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and yoghurt in an electric mixer, until smooth.
- Pour in pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and egg and beat to make a smooth mixture.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl, until it becomes frothy. Fold the egg whites into the pumpkin cheesecake batter, using a spatula.
- Pour the mixture on the chocolate cracker pie crust and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the cheese cake.
- Bake the cheesecake for a period of 55-60 minutes. Then switch off the oven, but let the cheesecake remain in the oven for one more hour. This is done to prevent the cake from cracking up.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Then, refrigerate it for at least 3 hours before serving. In case you will serve it the evening, chill it for some time before serving.