Any institution or company will fail to work profitably if its employees lack team spirit. It is highly essential that a great bond exists between the team members, so that each member of the team works towards the targeted goal. Team building is a highly responsible work and one needs to be extremely skilled in discharging this duty properly. Every team needs a good team leader, who can organize and focus the team towards a particular goal. The team leader should be a person who inspires the team and motivates each of the members to work towards the common goal. He/she has to make sure that there are no conflicts between the team members. Apart from that, there are some more activities that are necessary for building up a strong team. Go through the themes and ideas given below and know how you can build a strong team, with an unyielding spirit.
Team Building Tips & Activities
- Each and every member should be allowed to take part in the decision making process. This will make the members feel their importance in the working of the team and they will be encouraged to work harder to achieve the goals.
- The opinion of the team members should always be given a degree of importance. Their view points should be respected and should be taken into consideration when appropriate.
- All the team members should be kept updated about any changes, new projects or future endeavors of the team. There should always be a communication system, reaching all the working members, so that nobody feels left out.
- You need to boost the interest of the team regularly, with some inspirational speeches and discussions about the future. There should be regular appreciation of good work, which should also be rewarded occasionally.
- Organizing team outings can help the members get closer and know each other better. The team outings can be a tour to a nearby place, for one or two days. This will bring a change to working of the people and they will be morally boosted to work better and in proper coordination with each other.
- In addition to the work discussion, be sure to include some team games in the team outings; else it will turn out to be very boring affair. You can use games like Helium Stick, Paper Bowls, Office Olympics and others, which you can find readily available in the internet. Introduce non-verbal games in the outing as well. These games help in increasing the awareness of body language.
- Problem solving activities present another interesting way to boost up the team spirit. Creative games are also great for this purpose. All Abroad and Key Punch are some of the popular problem solving games, whereas MoneyGram and A Sensible Friend are highly interesting creative games.
- Introduce some brainstorming activities to your team, which will refresh the mind of the team members and help them think out of the box. You can think of math or logic puzzles which are easily available and at the same time, highly entertaining.
- Make your team engage in some charity works. It can be any type of charity, for which the team can either work for some time or collect some money. You will be overwhelmed to see how your team gets together for this noble cause!
- Due to some reasons, if you are unable to take the team for an outing, play games in your office. Take a break from the daily work and assemble your team at one place. Organize games and have some light snacks. This will be a refreshing and encouraging factor for the team.