One has to be careful when dressing up for the somber dark winters. But summer dressing, that too for a wedding, can be fun! The monotony of the landscape during winters is broken with the onset of summertime. You can see the sun shining in varied shades of orange at different points of the day and vibrant flowers in full bloom. Everything looks just so fresh and inviting. So let your summer wedding colors be a representation of all the season has to offer. In other words, the choice of colors for summer wedding is endless. Summer weddings are so beautiful, fairytale fantastic––long-hot days and warm-starry nights. Summer is the season of romance and love. A wedding in this season is a dream come true for many. The colors just bloom out in the season of lots of sunshine and thunderstorms. Everything in the nature looks all the more alive and scintillating. Grasses are greener, skies are bluer and everything else around looks freshly bathed in colors. Imagine all of this incorporated into your wedding day. You are walking down the aisle in an impeccable white gown with your groom dressed in an old fashioned tux, stepping on the vibrant red color carpet and the flower decoration around you is bursting in the shades of pink––every couple’s idea of a perfect wedding day. So if you have decided that you are going to have a summer wedding, then get down to the intricate task of coming up with an innovative color combination for your wedding. Read on to get some ingenious ideas.
Ideas for Summer Wedding Colors
- When you think of summer wedding colors, think of bright hues. Since everything is a riot of colors during summertime, you can feel free to choose any hue. Yellows, purples, bright pinks and bright blues are some popular summer wedding colors. They work fine for everything right from the décor to flowers to trousseau.
- Though more suitable for springtime, you can consider using pastel hues for delicate touches in a wedding. Pastel colors may not be quite appropriate for the dresses of bridesmaid during summer wedding, but these can definitely be used in invitations and other such subtle accents.The brightly shining sun is the first thing most people will associate with summer. As such, yellow can be used in combination with gold or orange with white to get a lovely, fresh feel.
- A combination of gold with lavender is apt for creating a bright, merry atmosphere in summer weddings. You can add magenta in economical amounts to this particular color scheme to pep things up further. A good idea will be to make the bridesmaid wear dresses in different colors of this summer wedding color scheme.
- Teal is one hue which can bring out the best in a summer wedding. Flux this hue with silver and white for a cool, stimulating color scheme. Tulips and other flowers can be dyed teal to match dresses and other decorations.
- Red and pink blend with one another quite well. Employ different shades of both colors to create a really romantic atmosphere during a summer wedding. Use reds and pinks in lights, candles, etc.
- Pink and green are dearly loved in the summer season as a combination for the décor of a summer wedding. It is merely because of the peppiness that this combination can create in the environment. Pink symbolizes the girly and the funky aspect while green brings in freshness and natural vibrancy. If you are holding your ceremony in a lush green park or garden then you can incorporate mother nature into your color scheme and use a lot of bright pink. But if your wedding ceremony is in a banquet hall then may be a darker shade of green and fuchsia pink will bring in more character.
- Red and pool will give a very fresh feel to your wedding; almost as fresh as that of a beach side. Red is on the warmer side and pool gives a cool effect, the combination of both will be a balanced one. Since there is use of pool color, you can give your wedding a retro look. Perhaps you can ask your bridesmaids to dress up in pool colored tea-length dresses and accessorize in shades of red.
- Make your wedding look like it is bursting with sunshine and warmth by splashing in a lot of orange and yellow in your wedding. Everyone will feel like they have actually entered the sunshine. Everything will seem radiant and fabulously bright. These colors will make everything seem cheerful and sun does not even fade these colors out, rather the sunshine accentuates it. You can use different shades of orange and yellow all in the same décor. Sunflowers as the choice for flowers for the centerpiece would be perfect. These flowers come both in the shades of orange and yellow. The bride might want to stick to the traditional white colored gown, with her bridesmaid in a warm tone of red.
- You can also have an innovative combination of lots of shades of one single color. Pick your favorite color and find all the different tones of it and use it all over your wedding. You can use blue as an exclusive color and give your wedding a beachy theme. Your wedding will look tranquil like an ocean and everything will have a relaxing and fresh feel to it.