Sugar Cookie Recipes For Kids
It is said that the “carrot and stick” method is best one to discipline kids. While the stick is unchangeable the carrot can come in many forms. So, it is common to find parents, after reading the riot act to their kids, try to soften the blow with some tantalizing cookies. For kids any form of cookie is a treat in itself. It is common in families with kids to keep at least a jar of cookies in the top most shelf. Cookies are the best weapon to placate unruly kids. You cannot miss out on cookies if you are throwing a kids birthday party or any outing involving kids. To know how to make cookies is better than to buy them from the store. Homemade cookies also have a special taste and significance. Since, kids love anything that is showy and colorful you can make sugar cookies especially for them by decorating them with colorful gels, creams and food flavors. Given below are some sugar cookie recipes that you can make for your kids.
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipes For Children
Frosted Sugar Cookies
- 3-3/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter or Margarine (softened)
- 1-1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Colored candies
- Fruit rolls
- Jelly beans
- Geen and red decorating gel
- Powdered sugar
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract with a mixer till the mixture is fluffy.
- Add flour to it and mix it thoroughly. Cover the bowl with a foil and refrigerate for two hours.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and roll the dough into ¼ inch thick. Using a cookie cutter cut the roll into circles.
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter and place the cookies an inch apart on the sheet.
- In an oven preheated to 400 degrees F bake the cookies for 8 minutes till the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and leave the cookies to cool.
- Mix the frosting with the food color and then spread it on top of each cookie. Top each cookie with powdered sugar, sprinkles and candies. Place a jelly bean on top and make leaves with the green decorating gel. Line the edges of the cookie with the red decorating gel.
Serves – 6 to 9
Nutmeg Sugar Cookies
- 2½ cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Almond flavoring
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 packet flavored Toppings
- In a bowl take the egg, sugar, butter and canola oil and beat them till fluffy.
- Then add the almond flavoring and stir.
- In another bowl take the milk and dissolve the baking soda in it. Add this to the egg mixture.
- Shift together the flour, salt and nutmeg powder and add it to the egg mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Grease a cookie sheet and spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on the sheet. Flatten it with a wet spoon.
- Sprinkle each cookie with the toppings.
- In a preheated oven at 350 degrees F bake the cookies for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies and leave for 5 minutes to cool.
- Serve with milk.
Serve – 6 to 8
How to Cite