A terrific way to take advantage of the abundance of fruits in summer is to prepare frozen yogurt - a delicious and scrumptious way to beat the heat and cool down quickly! Frozen yogurt tastes like ice cream, but it definitely is much lighter than a typical custard and cream-based ice cream. A sweet dessert prepared from fresh yogurt and other milk products, frozen yogurt is low in fat and calories as well. One such dessert is strawberry frozen yogurt prepared from bright red strawberries making you go gaga over the end result. Strawberry frozen yogurt is filled with the flavor of fresh strawberries giving you a healthy alternative to beat the scorching summer heat. Go through the lines below to find different recipes for making strawberry frozen yogurt at home.
How To Make Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 to 1 cup Sugar (as per preference)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1½ cups Full-Fat Yogurt
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice, salt and sugar together in a medium saucepan.
- Heat the mixture, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Mash the strawberries using a potato masher while heating.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and yogurt. Stir till the mixture is well blended.
- Refrigerate the mixture at least an hour or more, until it is completely chilled.
- Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and process for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately or freeze until served.
- 450 g Strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 130 g Sugar
- 2 tsp Vodka or Kirsch (optional)
- 240 g plain Whole-Milk Yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- Slice strawberries into small pieces.
- Combine them with sugar and vodka in a bowl. Toss to dissolve the sugar.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it stand at room temperature for 2 hours, stirring quite often.
- Transfer the strawberries mixture into a food processor.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice. Blend the contents until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- Transfer into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest (finely grated)
- 1 ¼-ounce package unflavored powdered Gelatin
- 12 ounces Strawberries (hulled)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup light Corn Syrup
- 2 cups plain Whole-Milk Yogurt
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Ice Water (as required)
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Take a small bowl and pour lemon juice.
- Add gelatin and allow the bowl to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a blender and puree them till they turn smooth.
- Place a saucepan on heat and mix together strawberry puree, sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir for 1 minute on medium-high heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the mixture form heat and add the gelatin mixture. Mix well to melt the gelatin.
- Take another medium bowl and combine yogurt, lemon zest and hot strawberry puree.
- Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Place the bowl in ice water for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, till the mixture turns cold.
- Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the yogurt into a plastic container and cover it with a plastic wrap. Thereafter, close the container with an airtight lid.
- Freeze for about 4 hours till the yogurt turns firm.