Snoring is a problem that ails many people. It not only affects the life of the person who is undergoing the problem, but his family members too. In some case, family members are the ones who have to bear the maximum brunt. They are not able to sleep peacefully at night and the result, a terrible day ahead. The main causes of snoring are sleeping on back, nasal blockage, too much body weight, breathing from the mouth, etc. In order to stop snoring, you need to treat these underlying causes. To help you in doing this, and in turn dealing with snoring, we have provided a number of tips in the lines below.
Snoring Remedies and Cures
- Snoring is often the result of sleeping on the back. So, develop a habit of sleeping on your side.
- Too much drinking and smoking can often lead to the problem of snoring. So, try cutting down on both. At the same time, try to avoid taking alcohol within the three hours, before going to sleep.
- A good pillow is very necessary to have a sound sleep. So, if your pillow has been with you for too long, now is the time to change it.
- Those who breathe through their mouth often end up snoring. So, if you are one of those who breathe through the mouth, try developing the habit of breathing through the nose. You can use chin straps as help.
- Do not have heavy meals within the three hours, before going to sleep.
- Try not to take sedatives and antihistamines just before going to bed.
- Have 6-8 hours of sleep everyday. Try to get up and go to bed at around the same time everyday.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. A healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the problem of snoring.
- If a blocked nose is your problem, try using inhalers and nasal drops. At the same time, avoid dairy products like milk, butter, cheese and cream, since they increase the production of mucus.
- Don’t do too strenuous work before going to bed. If you are overtired, you tend to get a disturbed sleep and end up snoring much more.
- Overweight people have a high propensity of suffering from the problem of snoring. If you are too healthy for your own good, start exercising right now.