Are you tired of eating bland and boiled food on a regular basis? Do you want to feast on some mouth-watering hot and spicy dishes? The ingredient that comes to the mind, when thinking about some spicy food, is chili. Nothing can satisfy the taste buds more than the red chilies and colorful peppers, when it comes to lip-smacking spicy food. If you are looking forward to making some spicy dishes, this article will surely prove handy. Read on to explore a couple of easy-to-prepare spicy chili recipes.
Easy Spicy Chili Recipes
Hot Mexican Potatoes
- 700 gm Potatoes, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 400 gm Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Red Chilies, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced and de-seeded
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Coriander, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a wok, over medium flame.
- Fry potatoes in the heated oil for about 10 minutes, until they turn tender, golden in color and crispy.
- Add chilies, onions, red and green pepper to the potatoes. Sauté for 10 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the vegetables mixture and cook until the raw taste is removed. It will take around 7 minutes.
- After the vegetables are cooked well, remove the wok from flame and transfer them to a serving plate.
- Pour lime juice over the fried potatoes and garnish it with chopped coriander. Serve hot.
Baked Chicken Chili
- 2 whole Chicken Breasts, boned and split
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Black Beans
- 2 Red Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 Onions, thickly sliced into rings
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salad Greens
- Marinate chicken breast with a thin layer of chili powder and oil. Set aside for fifteen minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Grease a roasting pan with oil.
- Place the marinated chicken in the pan and bake it in the preheated oven, for 20 minutes. After doing this, the chicken will become tender and its skin will be crisp.
- Transfer the baked chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, over medium heat.
- Add onions to the hot oil and sauté them, until tender and golden in color.
- Remove the cooked onion from skillet and set aside.
- Pour some more oil to the skillet and cook jalapeno peppers for about 5 minutes, until they become tender.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes and parsley and cook for about one minute.
- Arrange salad greens on a serving plate. Now, cut the chicken breast into two equal halves and place them on the plate.
- Garnish the chicken pieces with the cooked mixture of beans, tomatoes, parsley and onion. Serve it with the cooked jalapeno peppers.