A sore tooth is one of the worst ailments to affect a person. It can be described as the pain or soreness that is felt in and/or around the tooth, which can often hurt the whole body. It might result from a number of reasons, such as to inflammation and/or infection in tooth, tooth decay or even a food particle getting stuck right next to the tooth. The symptoms of a sore tooth vary, from a slight, dull ache to a sharp and annoying pain. If you are suffering from the problem of sore tooth and want to find a remedy for the same, the following lines will surely prove to be quite useful.
Home Remedies For Sore Tooth
- One of the most common, and the most effective, home remedies for sore tooth is to gargle with salt water, especially if you are suffering from an infection in the tooth.
- Another popular home remedy for toothache, more useful in case of infections, comprises of wheat grass. Grind the grass, take out its extract and gargle with the same.
- Get an ice cube out of the freezer and rub your sore tooth with the same, for 3-4 minutes. It will help numb the painful area and alleviate the pain to quite an extent.
- Garlic has been used for treating sore tooth, since a long time. Peel one garlic clove and rub it in rock salt. Now, place it alongside the painful teeth and feel the ache ebbing away.
- Even though most of the people are unaware of it, pure vanilla extract has been found to provide immense relief from toothache. Put 2-3 drops of the extract on the affected tooth and get instant respite.
- You can also apply clove oil on the sore tooth, to get rid of the pain. Adding a pinch of pepper powder to the oil, before applying it, will provide better results.
- Grind Asafoetida and lemon juice together, to form a thick paste. Heat the paste to lukewarm and apply on the affected tooth, with the help of a cotton swab.
- Salt has been always regarded as the perfect remedy for sore tooth. Take a teaspoon of salt and add a pinch of pepper powder to it. Apply the mixture on the affected area, to alleviate pain.