For all those who are in love with music and want to carry it along with them all the time, there is good news! Sony Ericsson has launched W890i, a successor to its popular Walkman phone (W880i). With 3.2 megapixel camera, new Walkman 3.0 software, 9.6mm width and 262,144-colour TFT display, the new model definitely scores much more than the earlier walkman phone. It is expected to be priced around Rs 25,000
and has digital zoom, video recording and works on GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, along with UMTS 2100 network. In short, if you have liked the earlier walkman phone of Sony Ericsson, you are going to fall in love with this one!
Sony Ericsson W 890i has a very sleek and suave look. The unassuming classiness, combined with smooth curves, make it the preferred choice of all those for whom style matters a lot. Even the range of colors, Espresso Black, Mocha Brown and Sparking Silver, doesn’t fail to impress the phone geeks. The raised and wide buttons of Sony Ericsson W890i make it quite comfortable to use, especially for those who have to remain on sms all the time. With 9.6mm thickness and 78g weight, the phone seems to be totally inconspicuous.
Rock Your World!
Carrying music with you was never so easy. Sony Ericsson W 890i boasts of an MP3 player and has an expandable memory of up to 2 GB. So, keep your favorite tracks within your hand reach all the time. The MegaBass sound of the phone helps you listen to every single beat of the track. Looking for a change from the routine songs list? Put on the FM radio and listen to a barrage of songs, one after the other. Sony Ericsson w890i can even detect TV stations with proper network support. You can also make fast downloads with W890’s HSDPA capabilities.
Click and Share
Are you one of those who like to capture the precious moments that life offers them. Then, Sony Ericsson W890i, with its 3.2 megapixel camera and one-press camera access, is just the thing for you. The best part is that you can even upload your photos to your personal online gallery through the phone and let the world see your best moments. The Bluetooth feature of the phone also lets you do the same, though its range is very less as compared to internet. The only problem with this phone is that its camera does not have LED flash or auto focus capability.
Features of Sony Ericsson W890i
- Weight - 78 g
- Width - 9.6 mm
- Colors - Sparkling Silver and Mocha Brown
- Screen - 240 x 320 pixel and 262,144-colour TFT
- Memory - 26 MB, with Memory Stick Micro (M2) Support
- Expandable Memory - Upto 2 GB
- Network - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and UMTS 2100
- Data - GPRS + EDGE + UMTS (3G) + HSDPA
- Camera - 3.2 megapixel, with digital zoom and video recording
- Bluetooth – Yes
- Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Yes
- Infrared -No
- Polyphonic Ringtones - Yes
- Java - Yes
- Battery - 4.5 hours talk / 13 days standby (3G), 9.5 hours talk / 15 days standby (GSM)
- Music - Bluetooth stereo (A2DP), MegaBass, Music tones, PlayNow,SensMe, TrackID and Walkman® player
- Internet - RSS feeds and Web browser
- Connectivity - Bluetooth™ technology, Modem, Synchronisation PC, USB mass storage and USB support
- Messaging - Email, MMS, Predictive text input and long SMS facility