Everybody gripes about the occasional bad hair day, but consider this: Millions of women would happily take wayward bangs or overzealous curls in exchange for their thinning hair or bald spots. Typically considered a male problem, hair loss affects more women than you'd expect. As a result, there's little in the way of effective treatment. However, women with thinning hair may find natural methods helpful in slowing hair loss. Female hair thinning is often caused by temporary reasons. For example, pregnancy, hormonal imbalances, stress, improper diet, and illness can cause hair loss. There are other reasons like infection and genetics that can be contributing factors. Home remedies may provide the thinning hair solution you are looking for. Natural remedies for thinning hair are safe treatments that do not usually have unwanted side effects. Read the article below for home remedies for thinning hair in women.
Home Remedies For Thinning Hair In Women
- Keep the scalp clean and healthy. Take the juice of a lemon and rub it gently on the scalp. Keep for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash in water. The lemon juice will also remove the dandruff from the hair.
- Have calcium rich foods like dairy products, sesame seeds, and figs. Also include in your diet foods rich in vitamin B like brown rice, bananas etc. which are very effective against dry hair. Use more of sunflower and olive oil. The diet should also be rich in protein so include green leafy vegetables, carrots, whole grain vegetables etc.
- Mix one part of amla juice with one part of limejuice to form a shampoo. Use this to wash the hair regularly. This shampoo will stimulate the hair growth and also prevent hair loss. Amla also stimulates the growth of thick, luxurious, and black hair.
- When you experience hair fall then it is better not to wash the hair in hot water. Also, use a mild shampoo and do not wash your hair more than 2 times a week.
- After a bathe, massage the scalp for 15 minutes to stimulate the blood circulation.
- Boil coconut oil and add some dry pieces of amla (Indian gooseberry) in it. Apply this hot in the hair.
- Aloe Vera gel is also very effective in reducing hair fall. Massage the scalp with this gel and leave for half an hour. Then rinse in warm water. Apply this treatment three times a week for better results.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey in an egg yolk. Massage the scalp with this mixture and then leave for half an hour. Rinse with cold water.
- Massage the scalp with almond oil two to three times a day regularly to reduce hair fall.
- Another good method is to take a piece of onion and scrub the bald portion of the scalp with it till it becomes red. Then apply honey to those areas.
- Mix together half a cup of black lentil and one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds. Then grind it into a course powder and mix it in half a cup of yogurt. Massage it in the scalp and leave for two hours. Rinse with water.
- Make a paste of hot olive oil, honey, and one tablespoon of cinnamon powder and apply on the hair. Keep for 15 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
- Make a paste by grinding together fenugreek seeds, shikakai powder, reetha powder, amla powder, dried lime peels, and two eggs. Now, massage this paste on the scalp and hair and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse for 20 minutes.