The desire to have fairer skin has dominated the cosmetic market over the years and there has been a plethora of products that cater to human vanity in this form. Ranging from chemicals, to herbs, to Ayurvedic remedies, there is no end to the solutions that line up the walls of stores. Advertisements of these products will feature an olive-skinned model who uses the mentioned product, and within a few days, gets dazzlingly fair skin. In fact, men who were not all that complexion-conscious, have fairness creams made, apparently, for their skin. People even associate fairer skin with increased self confidence. So, with this wide range of complex, not to mention, confusing, choices, what solutions do you have available that will help you whiten your skin, in a safe and cost efficient, natural way? Read on to know some of the quick and effective remedies for fairer skin.
How To Get Fairer Skin
The following simple, but safe remedies will help you get a fairer skin complexion, while lightening the skin tone. There are remedies to get rid of tan as well as to bleach skin.
To Remove Tan
- Mix a teaspoon of milk powder with a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Add half a teaspoon of almond oil to this and apply it on your face. Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Mix curd, oatmeal and tomato juice together and apply it on your face for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- Sliced raw potato, when placed on the skin, reduces blemishes and tan.
To Bleach Skin
- Mix limejuice along with turmeric (get the turmeric that is used especially for the skin – not the one used as a cooking spice). Apply this on your skin and wash off with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Mix two or three drops of limejuice with two teaspoons of milk (raw – not boiled). Add this to a tablespoon of gram flour and mix into a smooth mixture. Apply this on your skin and wash off after 15 minutes. This should be applied daily for four weeks, after which an application once a week will suffice.
- Mix 10 drops of rosewater with one teaspoon of turmeric with a teaspoon of sandalwood. Apply it on your skin for 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Cucumber juice combined with equal quantities is known to be an excellent whitener. For best results, use this mix every day.
- Take 15 fresh grapes, de-seed them skin them. Mash the grapes into pulp, either manually or in a small blender. Apply over your skin for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Mix together one teaspoon of milk powder with a teaspoon of wheat flour. Add half a teaspoon of turmeric to this mix. Make a smooth paste of this by adding as much yoghurt as is needed in order to mix this completely. Apply on skin and allow the pack to dry completely. Wash off with warm water. Positive results are immediately visible.