Food is a celebration in all parts of the world and when it comes to celebrations, how can one leave out appetizers? Appetizers simply stimulate a person’s appetite, making him/her thoroughly hungry. While talking of appetizers, how can shrimps be left behind? They simply form the most lucrative and scrumptious appetizers. Shrimps are made as appetizers in most cuisines of the world. These appetizer recipes can range from bacon wrapped to beer boiled to crunchy popcorn shrimp recipes. Given here are some easy and simple shrimp appetizers that you are sure to relish. Hope you will love them. Bon Appetit!
Easy To Make Shrimp Appetizers Recipes
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 pound Shrimp
- 2-3 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1 pound Bacon
- Rinse the shrimp and drain. Pat dry.
- Marinate the shrimp with hot sauce. Leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Cook the bacon partially. Slice it in half.
- Roll one shrimp in half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake the rolled shrimps in the oven at 400°F, till they turn crisp.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh Basil (chopped)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 pounds fresh Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Combine together garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce and red wine vinegar in a large bowl.
- Add basil, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl. Stir well to evenly coat the shrimp with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes. Stir once or twice in between.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Thread the shrimps onto skewers, piercing near the tail and near the head. Discard the marinade.
- Oil the grill grate lightly.
- Grill the shrimps for 2 to 3 minutes per side, till they are opaque.
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese (softened)
- 4 ounce small Shrimp (drained)
- 8 ounce Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- ½ Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- ½ Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- Assorted Crackers (for dipping)
- Take a serving dish and evenly spread the cream cheese at the bottom.
- Mix together shrimp with cocktail sauce in a bowl.
- Spread the shrimp mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese to cover the shrimp as much as possible.
- Garnish with red bell pepper and green bell pepper.
- Serve with crackers.
Shrimp Toast Rectangles
- ¾ pound Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tsp All-Purpose Flour
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Egg Whites
- 4 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- ½ cup Sesame Seeds
- 2 cups Oil (for frying)
- Place a large skillet on medium high heat and heat oil.
- Chop the shrimp and mash using a large knife.
- Mix with flour, egg yolks, salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl, until stiff peaks are formed.
- Combine the egg whites in the shrimp mixture.
- Slice each bread slice into 4 pieces.
- Spread 2 tsp of the shrimp mixture on each bread piece.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- With the shrimp mixture downside, fry each piece for 3 minutes.
- Turn the piece and fry for another 3 minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Remove the pieces from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.