Neck is an extension of your face and possibly the first part to show up ageing on the skin. You spend hours on taking care of your face, grooming and massaging it with costly creams and facials, but mostly ignore the neck. A famous Holywood actor Clint Eastwood in his recent movie looked great, though he is almost in his eighties. However, what you could not ignore in that movie was his neck, which had a slight gorge it. The kind of physique and health this actor sported is inspirational for older generation, but a small gobble was looking a little unattractive. Although this is not a cause of concern, but it could make you think of how you can prevent that sagging effect of the skin as you grow old. Sagging neck is a part of ageing up process. As you grow old, the skin tends to loose its elasticity, and results in drooping skin. The neck is considered to be thin-skinned with nerve attachments. You cannot overturn the process of ageing and elasticity of the skin, but with some exercises, you can firm up the neck and its muscles. This will make the sagging of the neck less visible. Be particularly careful with your neck exercises as it can cause pain in your upper and lower back of the shoulders. You can have a trim and flawless neck with the help of some easy neck exercises. Read the article for few simple and helpful exercises.
Exercises For Sagging Neck
- Many people have a habit of keeping the chin folded downwards touching your chest or lying in an uncomfortable position for longer periods. This can result in developing fine lines and a sagging neck. One of the best and simple exercises for neck is holding your chin high and keeping it straight for a perfect neck.
- Massaging your neck once in a week is a good exercise. When you take care of your face, take care of your neck also. As you apply mask on your face, do this for your neck too. This will keep your face and neck look equally good and healthy.
- Stretching and straining your neck in upward and downward directions can strengthen your neck muscles and give them a young and supple look. So strength training is good not just for your other parts of the body but also your neck.
- To keep your neck supple and flexible, stretch your neck every day by doing this easy exercise. Bend your head to one side of the neck , hold it for 30 seconds and then bend it on the other side and repeat the exercise for three times at a stretch. You can do this exercise while sitting or standing.
- This neck exercise helps you to firm up the front part of the neck where the marks of ageing show up first. You can do this exercise in the standing or sitting position. Bend you head back, and while doing this, push your tongue into the roof of your mouth. This helps in tightening up of the muscles at the front part of your neck. Now bring your chin downward towards the chest while still holding the tongue touching the roof of your mouth. This will tighten your skin underneath the chin and the front of your neck.
- This is a simple and comfortable exercise of the neck. You can do this while lying on the bed. This will firm up the front part of the neck area. You can lie down on the edge of the bed, and move your head up towards your body. Hold it for ten seconds and relax. Repeat this sequence for three times at a stretch.
Facial Exercises For Sagging Neck
Mouth Exercise For Neck
This exercise tightens the muscles in the neck. It is a simple exercise which can be done while sitting or watching television. Begin by looking at the ceiling and your chin positioned towards the television. Close your lips tightly and start chewing movements like when you chew a gum. Repeat this exercise for at least 20 times at a stretch and three times a day.
Chin Exercise For Neck
This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles underneath the chin. Stand in front of the mirror and stick out your chin as far as you can. When you protrude your chin, put pressure on the chin by squeezing it until it looks wrinkled and turns white. While doing this exercise your neck should feel the pull. Hold it for five seconds, and relax before you do it again. Do this for ten times at a stretch and repeat it for three times per day.
Lip Exercise For Neck
This lip exercise can extend your neck muscles to feel the stretch in the neck area. Make a pouting face by pulling your bottom lip upwards. While pouting your lips put the fingers on your collarbone and pull the skin down gently. This should make you feel a visible stretch in your neck area. This helps in tightening the muscles in the skin and the neck area, and makes the skin better.