Vacation time is one of the best times in the life of an individual. It is the time when you leave behind all your tensions and simply concentrate only on enjoying yourself to the hilt. For enjoying your vacations, you need to get to the place where you will be spending them. The journey is undertaken through any of the four modes - air, rail, road and ship. Going by road is a necessity for some and a preferred option for others. Whatever be the reason, it is very necessary for you to make all the necessary arrangements before leaving on a road trip. To help you with the same, we have provided a roadtrip checklist below. Browse through it and make sure that you are carrying all the supplies necessary for embarking on such a trip.
Road Trip Planner Checklist
- First things first. Get your car serviced a couple of day before embarking on the trip. Get the petrol tank filled to the maximum level.
- Carry all the necessary tools related to the car, like jack, spanner, etc, apart from the spare tire, a quart of oil and a gallon of water.
- Travel with plenty of snacks and drinks, including water. You never know when the next eat-out will come.
- Always carry a first-aid kit with you. Accidents don’t tell before taking place.
- If you are traveling in winters, keep a few blankets with you. You don’t know when they might come handy.
- Keep lots of plastic bags with you. Right from storing the rubbish to serving as your vomit bags, they come in handy at all times.
- Plastic money is always good, but do not forget to take cash with you. There are places where the credit cards do not work.
- Always carry maps of the route that you will follow for reaching your destination. Carrying the local map of the place is also a good idea.
- Do not forget to take your cell phone and charger with you. If you have an auto-charger, all the more better.
- It is always advisable to carry insignificant looking things, like flashlights, towels, batteries, car manual, etc.
- Remember to get your camera/handy cam with you. You want to capture those special moments, don’t you?
- Make sure to keep all the necessary phone numbers, including the emergency ones, with you.
- Compile a list of travel games beforehand. It will help pass time, especially if the journey is too long.
- Don’t forget to carry your iPod and your favorite CDs/MP3s/MP4s with you. Music is one of the best ways to pass time.
- If you love reading and the journey is not expected to be too bumpy, carrying a novel is good idea.