Have you ever felt an impulse to vomit, but when you went to the bathroom, nothing came out? Has it ever happened that the urge to throw up remain just that - an urge? In case you are wondering what is happening to you, rest assured that it is nothing serious. The feelings that you experienced are termed as nausea. Nausea makes you feel dizzy, gives you stomach ache; and can make you sweat, because of the uneasiness caused. Ailments like morning sickness, indigestion, motion sickness, chemotherapy, stress etc - all include nausea as a common symptom. Many people complain of this problem otherwise as well. To suffer from nausea is one of the most frustrating things. However, there are several home remedies that can help cure the feeling within minutes. Check out some of the best ones in the lines that follow.
Home Remedy For Nausea Relief
- You can treat nausea by using rice water. What you need to do is to add half a cup of rice to a cup of water, pour it in a saucepan and boil for 20 minutes. Drain the liquid into a cup and sip it until the symptoms are gone.
- A can of root beer is quite useful in treating the nauseous feeling. Get a can of ordinary or diet root beer and consume it after adding a pinch of salt, to get rid of the fizz. It can also be consumed with lemonade or coke. It will show instant results if consumed slowly.
- You can even use beef bouillon cubes to cure your nausea. Half fill a saucepan and bring the water to boiling point. Add one beef bouillon cube into the boiling water and let it completely dissolve in water. Once it gets dissolved completely, drink the lot. This solution will work instantly against nausea.
- Treat nausea using ginger. Make ginger tea by boiling fresh ginger in some water. You can put few a slices of fresh ginger in your tea before drinking it, or even eat raw ginger. This will cure the nausea immediately.
- Stir one tablespoon of wine vinegar into a glass of water and sip it slowly. This remedy is more effective than the ginger remedy and shows results instantly.
- A sugarless cup of coffee can also prove to be useful in curing nausea. Whenever you feel sick, make yourself a hot cup of coffee without any sugar and cream to make you sturdy again.
- Taking a hot water bath is one of the most effective home remedies for any kind of nausea. Showers work as well, but often, it is the hot bath water that makes your stomach relax.
- Peppermint tea is also helpful in treating nausea. Brew a peppermint tea bag in a cup of hot water, for about 5-10 minutes, making a strong cup of hot tea. Drink the tea and feel the results within half an hour. This remedy works well on an empty stomach.
- When you are feeling nauseous, a tablespoon of corn syrup can prove to be useful. Having a spoon of corn syrup when you feel sick will help you get rid of the bad feeling.
- Check for the pressure points located between forefinger and thumb and carefully rub in just the right area. It is highly relaxing and very effective in ending nausea. Acupuncture can also be used to get rid of this feeling.
- Sports drinks can help you get rid of nausea. They help restore your electrolyte balance and keep the puke-ish feeling at bay.