If stories are to be believed the queen Cleopatra, who was famed throughout the world for her beauty, certainly used a few natural resources to improve upon God’s work. It is said that her secret makeup weapon was Dead Sea salt. Whatever be the truth Cleopatra is now eternally conjoined with any definition of beauty. Her everlasting beauty will be the scale through which people will measure how beautiful they or others are. So, it is quite common to see young girls and women expressing their desire to have skin and hair like Cleopatra. Since, the physical beauty is attributed to how smooth your skin is, and how good your general features are, it is the skin that receives all the attention as the features can only be changed under the knife. One look at the commercial skin care products and you will come to understand that it has become more of a problem of plenty. The markets are flooded and the supermarket shelves are loaded with beauty products that promise everything but deliver little. For the few that do enhance the skin are in a constant fight with each other for your attention leaving you confused. So, you switch from one product to the other without enjoying any of the benefits. To this, you can add the fact that most of the products are expensive and also lead to various side effects. So, if you are looking for a different option then nature can be your best shot. To get smooth skin, natural ingredients are the best as they act like a tonic and since all the things that you require are found in your house they are easy to make and cheap. Read below for the natural recipes for smooth skin.
Natural Recipes For Skin Care
1. Cleansers For Smooth Skin
- ¼ cup Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Chamomile Flowers (fresh or dried)
- Take all the ingredients in a pan and heat it without bringing it to a boil.
- Keep it aside for two hours and then strain.
- Pour it into a bottle and then refrigerate.
- Use it within two hours.
Benefits – excellent for dry and sensitive skins.
Buttermilk And Fennel Cleansing Milk
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds (crushed)
- Take the buttermilk and fennel seeds in a pan and heat for half an hour.
- Let it sit for two hours and then strain.
- Keep for refrigeration and use within 2 weeks.
Benefits – good for dry skin.
2. Toner For Smooth Skin
- ½ cup Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 cup Distilled Water
- 2/3 cup Witch Hazel
- Take all the ingredients in a glass and mix well.
- Pour it in a bottle and refrigerate.
- Use it daily for smoother skin.
- ½ cup Witch Hazel
- ¼ cup Water or Green Tea
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 drops Vegetable Glycerin
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Oil
- In a jar put all the ingredients and mix.
- Store it in a bottle.
Benefits – protects the skin from the summer heat.
- 2/3 cup fresh mashed Papaya
- 15 ounce Pumpkin (pureed)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Cut the papaya and discard the seeds. Mash it thoroughly.
- Beat the egg till it’s frothy and put it to the papaya. Mix well.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix. Place it in a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Apply it as a facemask avoiding the eye area. Leave for ten minutes and then rinse with warn water.
Benefits – Best for exfoliating the skin.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and the milk.
- Apply on the face and keep for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Benefits – It is an excellent moisturizer.
4. Creams For Smooth Skin
- 2 inch piece Ginger
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Apricot Kernel Oil
- 2 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- ½ cup Cocoa Butter
- Grate the ginger and take out the juice. Take the juice in a heatproof bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients to the ginger juice.
- Heat the bowl until the butter melts with frequent stirrings.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool. Take in a container and store in a cool place.
Benefits – Good for dry and normal skin.