We live in a fast-paced world, in which people are driven by the hands of the clock and have almost no time for themselves. With time, the stress levels become very high and our mind as well as our body starts giving in. You can avoid the situation of ultimate breakdown by paying attention to your body and mind every now and then. Take a warm, relaxing bath after you feel extremely stressed out. It will help you cope with both mental and physical pressure. Just add some bath salts in the water and some scented candles alongside and you have the perfect stress buster at your disposal. If the bath salts have been made at home, all the more better! In the following lines, we have provided a recipe to help you know how to make homemade bath salts.
Making Your Own Bath Salt
- 2 cups Epsom Salts
- 2 cups Sea Salts
- 2 cups Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
- 25 drops Essential Oil
- Take a bowl and put both the salts in it. Blend well.
- Now, mix in the baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Within the well, pour the sweet almond oil
- Next, add essential oil to the almond oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Keep aside the mixture for one hour, to let it dry.
- Put it in a container and store.
Ocean Blue Bath Salt
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 4 drops Blue Food Coloring
- 3 drops Jasmine Essential/ Fragrance Oil
- 4 drops Vanilla Essential/ Fragrance Oil
- 2 tbsp Liquid Glycerin (skin moisturizer) (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Add color and scents to this mixture one at a time. Break any clumps that form.
- Continue to mix until a semi-fine powder is made.
- Now, add glycerin and mix well.
- The ocean blue bath salt is ready for use.
Desert Sands Bath Salt Recipe
- 5 drops Yellow Food Coloring
- 2 drops Red Food Coloring
- 4 drops Musk Fragrant/Essential Oil
- 3 drops Jasmine Fragrant/Essential Oil
- 3 cups Epsom Salts
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Liquid Glycerin (skin moisturizer) (optional)
- Combine baking soda, epsom salt and glycerin and mix them well.
- Add scents and mix well, so that clumps are not formed.
- Divide the mixture into 3 separate bowls.
- Add 3 drops of yellow food coloring in the first bowl and 3 drops red food coloring in the second one.
- In the third bowl, add 2 drops yellow with 1 drop red food coloring.
- Mix the ingredients in each of the bowls well, until the color is mixed well.
- Allow them combinations to air dry for a minute, before putting them in a bottle.
- Layer the colors in the bottle by first putting red, then orange and lastly yellow.