When the temperature is high, it is best to have desserts that are light. This will put very few burdens on the stomach. To end the meal with a cool and refreshing dessert should be the ultimate choice of a summer meal. Moreover, the dessert should help one to digest the meal as quickly as possible so that the body can better combat the heat. Desserts specific to summer should be infused with loads of fruits and ice creams, and prepared with the minimum of labor. The dessert should be a relaxed affair so that you can savor the coolness of the dish. It should be chilled enough to bring down the temperature of the body by a few notches. In summer, generally, the inclination to spend hours in the kitchen to bake is not there, and so making quick fix desserts that serve its task is the best. Chilled and sweet can be the ultimate indulgence for your taste buds with the added benefit of the desserts being healthy and nutritious. To know how to prepare a summer specific dessert read below for the recipes to help you with it.
Summer Dessert Recipes
- 2 cups fresh ripe but firm peach slices
- 1 medium banana (sliced)
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, mix the peaches, banana, grapes, and lemon juice along with the sugar.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour to chill the fruits.
- Just before serving, add the coconuts and then spoon into dessert bowls.
Serve – 4
Banana Parfait Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas (ripe but firm)
- Vanilla or butter pecan ice cream
- Place a skillet over medium heat and then add the ice cream topping, rum, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Now, cut the bananas into two and then cut them lengthwise.
- Add the bananas into the skillet and heat.
- Now take the bananas into the dessert bowls and then top them with ice cream. Over the ice cream pour the warm caramel-rum sauce and serve.
Serve – 3
Raspberry Fluff Dessert
- 3 oz raspberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup crushed ice (drained of excess water)
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 sprig mint
- Take the raspberry gelatin in the blender and then add boiling water to it.
- Blend until the gelatin dissolves properly.
- Add the crushed ice and then blend again.
- Keep the dessert bowls in the refrigerator to chill.
- Into the chilled bowl, place several raspberries and then pour the fluff mixture over it.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint before serving.
Serve – 3
- 1 cup chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 7 oz marshmallow crème
- 2 tablespoons crème de menthe
- 2 tablespoons crème de cacao
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a bowl, take the cookie crumbs.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the bowl.
- Stir thoroughly to mix.
- Take a baking pan and then put the crumbs in it. Press the buttered crumbs gently to layer the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, mix the marshmallow, liqueurs and food coloring. Whip until it is fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk the whipping cream and then fold it into the marshmallow mixture.
- Spoon this over the cookie crust in the baking dish. Sprinkle some of the crumbs over the top.
- Keep it for refrigeration for about 8 hours.
Serve – 4 to 6