Virgil was right to proclaim - “The Greatest Wealth is Health”. When over one-third population of the world has become obese, it’s high time to get up and make an effort to keep ourselves fit and healthy. As technology is getting more and more advanced and people getting busier day by day, the food habits have completely changed. Eating has just become a matter of requirement; all you want is anything but it should be quick because you have to get back to you work station as soon as possible.
Pollution, stress and tensions have become the essential features of life, but in this race, we forget that we are punishing our bodies by eating junk that too amidst fumes. In this hectic lifestyle, science has yet again discovered a fact about probiotic or in simpler terms, for life. Probiotic food is the recently revealed way to lead a healthy life. About its properties, this type of food contains live bacteria which are regarded salubrious. Any food which is fermented has probiotic bacteria. Its best example is curd, which is eaten by most of us almost everyday.
In rare cases, it has been seen that people are allergic to it. For all those who love South Indian food, get happy because dosas, idlis and uttapams also have a few of probiotic properties that do a great job. So, when you are informed, it’s better to work over your health because we don’t value things till we lose it. But once lost, health cannot be recovered like other things. Therefore, value your life and start living healthy and eating healthy.
Benefits of Probiotic Food
- Such foods help to maintain a low pH level and thereby reduce the risk of dangerous bacteria getting into the body.
- It also reduces bloating and flatulence, above and beyond curing problems like indigestion, acidity and diarrhea.
- Most of probiotic foods generate fatty acids, vitamins and other vital nutrients that improve the body’s resistance against germs and viruses.
- Probiotic food also counteracts the annihilation of beneficial intestinal bacteria by antibiotics.
- It is also believed to be beneficial in complaints like stress, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- It provides enhanced intestinal health.