The holidays are just round the corner and it’s time to feast on all those dishes you always wanted to have. Barbeque is probably one of the best loved dishes worldwide. How can a holiday be complete without the all famous barbecue soiree? Eric Boggle was so true singing “When the steaks are burning fiercely, when the smoke gets in your eyes, when the snags all taste like fried toothpaste and your mouth is full of flies”, making the best background for a barbeque soiree. The fine aroma of grilled chicken that fills in the air is more than enough to appease your appetite. A barbeque party is the best when you are planning to take an evening rendezvous with folks. It is not only the atmosphere but the food that creates the magic. Barbecued chicken and pork served along with side dishes is sure to complete the platter. No wonder why most of the barbeque chefs swear by the side dishes to tickle the taste buds of the guests. Get some truly enticing side dishes that are sure to flood your taste buds in the below article.
Popular Barbeque Side Dish Recipes
There are quite a few well known barbeque side-dishes that are commonly used. Given here is a list of three chosen recipes.
German Potato Salad
This is a traditional German recipe which tastes best when served warm. This can make a perfect barbeque side dish for a cold evening.
- 6 large Potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup Bermuda onions (chopped)
- 3 tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2/3 cup rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Salad oil
- 4 strips Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Boil the potatoes for 25 minutes.
- Cool and peel the skin.
- Chop the boiled potatoes and toss them well with onions, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan, mix vinegar, water and sugar and bring to boil.
- In a bowl, whisk an egg and pour the vinegar mixture over while stirring.
- Add salad oil and stir.
- Pour this mixture over the potatoes and place it over a low flame.
- Cook until it is evenly done.
- Top it up with crumbled bacon.
The most common side dish for any barbeque party happens to be the slaw. Coleslaw is usually an unavoidable side dish that comes in varieties with the common ingredients being cabbage and vinegar.
- 1 package shredded Coleslaw mix
- 1 small green Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Almonds (slivered)
- 1 package chicken-flavored noodles, uncooked and broken up
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Accent
- 2 Tbs. Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 1/2 cup Salad oil (olive oil or vegetable oil works fine)
- Add all the ingredients except the ones for the dressing into a bowl.
- Toss all the contents.
- Into a small bowl add all the dressing ingredients and stir it well.
- Sprinkle it all over the salad generously and mix it well.
Four Bean Salad
Beans are considered to be the best while coming to barbecue side dishes as they get along well with almost all grilled fixings. The vinegar and sugar that is been added into this makes it one of its kind giving it more a sweeter taste.
- 1 can Green Beans (drained)
- 1 can Wax Beans (drained)
- 1 can dark Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans (drained)
- 1 small purple Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 green Bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Salad oil
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in another bowl.
- Sprinkle it over the contents of the bowl and mix it well.
- Keep it in refrigerator overnight.
- Serve the next day.