If you are the kind of person who cannot get through a day without popping antacid, papaya may be the thing for you. The sweet, reddish pulp of papaya has been considered by ancient medical practitioners as potent booster of good skin and health. But were you aware that the not-so-sweet tasting papaya leaves are equally rich source of potent enzymes that are known to be extremely beneficial in promoting good health and life. Papaya leaf is replete with a chemical enzyme called papain that is believed to aid digestion naturally and hence sums up as a much better option than over-the-counter drugs. Papain is known to aid in the breakdown and metabolism of proteins and carbs. Apart from this, it boasts of anti-ulceric properties and is good for digestion as well. Papaya leaf extract is blended with Rooibos tea to prepare this herbal brew that is known to be extremely effective in battling cancer. To know more on the benefits of this one of its kind of medicinal brew, read on.
Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaf Tea
- Papaya tea leaf is highly lauded in the medicinal world for its cancer-fighting abilities. Papaya leaf contains papain that is replete with cancer fighting enzymes. Papain is known to fret the protein fibrous coating on cancer cells, thereby cutting the risk of cancer. Papaya tea leaf is usually blended with Rooibos Tea to get a delicious strain that reduces the risk of cancer.
- Papaya leaf tea offers excellent protection against heartburns, dyspepsia, gastric catarrh and indigestion and is known to be an excellent treatment against gastrointestinal disturbances and other digestive disorders. Papain helps to breakdown the protein and assists in digestion. What more, it is known to boost appetite too.
- Papain contained in papaya leaf tea extract also helps to breakdown carbohydrates. For anyone finding it difficult to digest starchy food like breads and cereals, drinking papaya leaf tea might offer instant relief. It is also a best bet for anyone suffering from celiac disease, as it is known to breakdown wheat gluten, thereby making it easy to digest.
- Papain is known to bring relief against acute prostrate inflammation and can be very effective against benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). Researchers have found that papain overturns rectal lesions that are induced by extreme prostate enlargement, in almost 97% males.
- Papaya tea leaf contains another effective enzyme called chymopapain that is known to be a natural cure for ailments such as slipped spinal disc and pinched nerves.
- Drinking papaya leaf tea can offer relief from bowel disorders and constipation. It is also believed to be beneficial against inflammatory bowel disorders.
- Papaya leaf tea due to its purgative properties is also treated as a dewormer. It is used as a vermifuge, anthelmintic and amoebacide that eliminate worms and other parasites.
- Papaya leaf tea is surprisingly known to be very effective against dengue.
- It is widely assumed that papaya leaf tea can be extremely helpful in treating Herpes simplex virus and Herpes zoster (shingles). However, it is yet to be ascertained medically.
- Investigators have found out that papaya leaf enhances the manufacture of Th1-type cytokines, molecules that have a role in regulating the immune system of the body.
- Papaya is known to be very good in treating skin problems. Papaya tea leaf is believed to offer permanent relief from bothersome zits and acnes. You can consume the tea daily for long term benefits.
- Papaya is known to boost appetite and the same applies for papaya leaf tea as well. Papin breaks down the enzymes and aids metabolism that induces hunger and peps up appetite.
- Papaya leaf tea is also believed to offer relief from menstrual cramps. Just strain out papaya leaf extracts and mix it with warm water and ingest it for immediate relief.