Pets are a part of our lives and as such, they are also afflicted with all that is good and bad in our lifestyle. A decade ago, people would look at you in disbelief if you told them that you have got a dog or a cat that is obese. That was also the time when diseases in pets were also rare. However, not anymore. Nowadays, pets are also prone to obesity, arthritis, and various others diseases. The main reason that experts point out is the lack of a balanced diet. Even with humans, commercial foods have many drawbacks, so it can only be understood how poor the commercial pets’ foods are. The solution is to go organic. With more and more people adopting the organic diet, it is only natural that they should wish the same for their pets. A balanced organic diet will confer a long and healthy life to your pets and this diet goes a long way in controlling various diseases and disorders. Organic pet foods are also rich in nutrition and so once you start feeding your pets on organic food diet, you don’t have to worry about them missing on any important nutrients. Organic pet food is also available commercially, but it is quite expensive. Making your own organic pet food is the best option, as it is easy to prepare; the only criterion being that all the ingredients that you select should be organic. So, if you want the best for your pets then it is time that you go for organic pet food, and to help you in this, go through the article below for recipes on making organic pet food.
Organic Dog Food Recipes
Organic Dog Food
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound organic turkey (ground)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 16 ounce organic broccoli, carrots and cauliflower combination
- Take the water in a pot and in it place the ground turkey, rice, and rosemary.
- Place the pot in a large Dutch oven.
- Stir thoroughly to mix the ground turkey throughout the mixture.
- Bring the pot to a boil in high heat and then reduce the heat and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Keep for refrigeration until ready to use.
Meat Cakes For Pets
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- Large organic potatoes (grated)
- 4 large organic carrots (grated)
- 2 large organic celery stalks (chopped)
- 6 pounds organic beef (ground)
- 8 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
- Take a saucepan and in it, mix the rice and water. Bring it to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set it to cool. Fluff with a fork and then set aside.
- Mix the potatoes, carrots, celery, beef, and eggs in a bowl using your hands and then add the olive oil, salt, rolled oats and rice. Mix thoroughly.
- Take the muffin cup and fill each with the meat mixture and pat it down.
- Bake at 205 degrees C for 45 minutes until set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the meat cakes from the muffin tin into an aluminum foil and refrigerate in sealed plastic bag.
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 2.5 ounce organic chicken baby food (strained)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix the wheat germ, baby food, and water together in a bowl.
- Form the mixture into dough and then roll it into 1-inch balls.
- Place these in a cookie sheet.
- Use the flat area of a glass or a spoon to flatten the balls.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 25 minutes.
- 2 1/2 cups sifted whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- 1 cube organic beef bouillon (crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked pork (ground)
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Mix the whole-wheat flour, milk powder, beef bouillon, and salt in a bowl.
- Put in the carrot, ground pork, shortening and egg.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly adding the water gradually to form firm dough.
- Using cookie cutters cut into biscuit shapes.
- Grease a cookie sheet and place the biscuits two inches apart.
- Bake in an oven preheated at 175 degrees C for 30 minutes, until the biscuits are browned.
- Let the biscuits to set in the cookie sheets for sometime before removing to the wire racks to cool completely.