Not every day will be the same for you, as you age. It was just yesterday that you were playing cricket with your kids in full form, active like the jumping jack and the very next day, you are the limping jack retired to bed because your body has all gone stiff. Your ankles are aching badly and your knees are singing the blues. Above all, you have to hear gunshots from your spouse’s mouth! It is a fall from a willow tree to a lumber. Joint pain is all what you can think about. However, you never thought even after being super active, you will have to bear the brunt of ageing. The answer is misuse. You are no more in your teens or in your twenties that you can make your joints work a little more than necessary. You might have given enough and more stress to your joints, which in the long run can be a reason for inflammation and tear cartilage in all your joints. Once the cartilage or the natural shock absorbers of your joint wears out, they won’t let you move and the whole physical mechanism calls for a breakdown. Learn about the causes and cures for joint pain here.
Natural Joint Pain Causes And Cures
The possible causes of joint pain can be as follows:
Wear And Tear
This is the most possible cause for the joint pain. Wear and tear in the form of overuse, injury, or osteoarthritis, is a matter of serious concern. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, which accompanies joint inflammation also.
There can cases of infection in the joints, which can lead to disorders like septic arthritis.
Under such a condition, a person’s body produces antibodies against its own tissues. Rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus are disorders related to autoimmune disorders.
Gout Or Pseudo Gout
These are conditions that arise due to a defect in the metabolism. These conditions generally arise due to the deposit of materials in the joints.
If there is an involuntary weight loss, or if the joint pain persists for more than 3 days these can be symptoms of some other serious disorders. Therefore, if such a condition arises it is better to take medical advice immediately.
- Avoid dairy products except for plain yogurt.
- Use olive oil
- Avoid alcohol
- Citrus fruits, except lemon and grapefruit, trigger joint pain.
- Say no to red meat
- Drink a cup of papaya seed tea, six or seven times daily for two or three weeks for relief from joint pain.
- Eat garlic cloves fried in butter.
- Take half teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm water thrice a day. This is a great cure for joint pains.
- Eat bananas as it helps in greasing and strengthening the joints.
- Carrot juice helps strengthen the ligaments.
- Apple cider vinegar has many medicinal properties and is good for treating joint pains as well.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of hot milk every day.
- Mix fresh carrot juice with equal amount of limejuice. Take a large teaspoon of it every day.
- An ointment made of equal quantities of olive oil and camphor can be applied to the areas of joint paint.
- Drink plenty of water.
- A warm bath is always helpful for pain relief.
- Take a warm Epsom salt-water bath. For that, add two cups of Epsom salt into the tub filled with hot water. Wait for thirty minutes. Add more hot water to keep the water warm. Stir it well and have bath with it.