It is easy to identify people suffering from skin rashes. They are the ones who can’t live without scratching. Their hand flies all over their body trying to quell that itch that has the tendency to rise anywhere and at anytime. Initially the itch is not that severe; it is only when red blotches appear on the skin, that it becomes terrible. And the more you scratch, the uglier it becomes. Skin rashes, as these red blotches are known as, are fairly common and the main causes are bacterial and fungal infection and allergies. However, there are also a host of other factors that can cause and aggravate skin rashes. The best way to treat skin rashes are the various natural remedies that are easy to find and also do not have any side effects. You can effectively make these treatments at home and so save yourself a lot of expense. But the most important benefit is that when you go for natural cures, other than curing you of the rash, the various herbs will also bolster the strength of the skin to resist further infections. So, if you are looking for natural remedies to cure you of skin rash then, go through the article given below on the various cure available to you.
Natural Remedies For Skin Rash
- Skin problems like itchy skin rash, psoriasis, and eczema can be relieved to a great extent by using witch haze. This plant is rich in astringent that is an excellent cure for skin rash. Boil a pint of water and then add an ounce of witch hazel bark. Simmer for 10 minutes and then strain and cool. Soak a clean cloth in the solution and apply it on the skin rash. Leave for 30 minutes and then wash.
- The Greeks and the Native Americans have been using the St. Johns Wort for a variety of medicinal purposes. It is also excellent in treating skin rashes. This flower has got astringent properties that moisturizes and refreshes the skin and so it is especially good for skin rash.
- The gel from aloe vera plant also relieves the skin rash. Since it has anti-inflammatory, anti bacterial and anti fungal properties along with folic acid, zinc, vitamin C, and E, aloe vera effectively controls the rashes in the skin. Slice off a portion of the aloe vera leaf and apply the gel onto the affected area.
- Calendula essential oils stimulate the production of white blood cells, which are responsible for eliminating harmful microbes. Boil the herb in water or add two drops of the essential oil in hot water, and then simmer for ten minutes. Let it cool and then apply it using a clean cloth into the affected area.
- Chamomile essential oils soothe the skin rash and the irritations caused by it. However, sometimes it can cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Crush the fresh leaves of jewelweed and then rub the juice over the rash. This is also very good in curing skin rash.
- Apply oatmeal oil to the rash for immediate relief. Or you can pour a cup of uncooked oatmeal in a bucket of water and then take a bath.
- Olive oil is also known to effectively cure skin rash. Apply olive oil directly on the rash regularly. The therapeutic properties of olive oil will cure the skin rash.
- You can also apply baking soda to the affected skin area. Press the area gently after applying the baking soda to get relief from irritation and cure the rash.
- In a blender take 15 basil leaves, 1-tablespoon olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper and blend thoroughly. Apply this mixture on the rashes.