Are you looking for a healthy alternative to potato chips, be it because of their taste or their high calorie content? If yes, then try out the delicious pita chips. Apart from being as crisp as their counterpart, pita chips are also quite healthy. They are delicious, addictive and also, very easy to make. For the figure-conscious people, these chips serve to be the perfect snack, keeping the calorie count within limits. Since pita chips recipe doesn't require a long list of ingredients, it can be tried at home as well. Keeping the main ingredients same, you can also bring about a number of variations in the basic recipe of the chips, by adding different seasoning. Learn how to make your own pita chips, by going through the basic recipes given in this article.
Homemade Pita Chips Recipes
- 3 Pita Bread Slices
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary Powder
- Place aluminum foil in a cookie sheet. Apply a light coat of olive oil on the foil, to grease it.
- Cut the slices of pocket pita bread into small triangles.
- Place the pita triangles on the sheet, with equal distance between each of them. Make sure that the inner portion of pita triangles is facing up.
- Mix olive oil, garlic powder and kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Apply a thin layer of the mixture on the upper portion of the pita triangles.
- Dust the triangles with powder of dried rosemary.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the pita triangles in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. You may increase the duration, depending on the thickness of the triangles.
- Take the pita triangles out of the oven, when they have been evenly baked from inside and are golden-brown in color from outside. They should be crispy as well.
- Let the chips cool down to the room temperature. Serve the crispy pita chips with tomato ketchup.
- 1½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 Pita
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and preheat the broiler.
- Combine cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Set this mixture aside, to be used later. You can decide the quantity of salt and pepper according to taste. Keep the amount of pepper high, if you want to have spicy pita chips.
- Now, cut the pitas into 8-12 pieces. To make thin chips, split each piece in half. Arrange the pita pieces on the baking sheet, forming a single layer. Spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the mixture that you had prepared earlier, evenly on the chips. If you want to make the chips very flavored and spicy, you can sprinkle the mixture generously on them.
- Boil them for 3-5 minutes, or until they are golden brown in color.