Well, if you are looking to dig into a good fat bowl of lip smacking pasta there is one thing that can significantly reduce your pleasure a little bit. And that is when you learn that every time you gobble up a cup of pasta you add an extra 200 calories into your body. With a physique like Jughead this will not be of any concern. Instead, it can even prove beneficial. But if you are on the wrong side of the weight scale or is one who is prone to put on weight then every calories that you put in your body is enough to make you cringe. Then 200 calories will be the stuff of your nightmare. But to control your craving for pasta can also be equally tough. This is because even if you leave the taste aside there are many other factors that endear this dish to you. The most important is that it is the easiest meal to rustle up. No elaborate preparation, no managing an endless shopping list, just a packet of good old pasta and whatever ingredients are available in the kitchen are enough for you to create a storm at the dinner table. Since, pasta is now the most prevalent meal of choice, for kids and old alike, shifting towards healthier pasta option is the best idea. You can maintain both your health and your family’s health by adopting low fat pastas. Read below to know the various low fat pasta recipes that you can go for.
Low Calorie Pasta Recipes
Low Fat Fettuccine With Zucchini-Mushroom Topping
- 300g Spinach Fettuccine
- 1 mid-sized Zucchini
- 150g Mushrooms
- 1 small purple Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 fresh Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 100g Mozzarella Cheese
- Oregano, Basil, Pepper, Salt for taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and stir fry the onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them to the pan. Let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes in low flame. Then add the honey and spices.
- Chop the zucchini, mushrooms and cheese and put them into the pan. Simmer till the zucchini is tender.
- In a separate pan, boil the water and add the fettuccine. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain the water and take the fettuccine in a platter. Top it with the tomato-zucchini sauce.
Serve - 2
- 1.5 cups elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup low fat Milk
- Half an Onion (grated)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg
- Ground Black Pepper for taste
- 1 cup low fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can crushed Tomatoes and Basil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to pack instructions. Then drain and keep it aside.
- Take the milk, onion, garlic mustard, salt, flour, nutmeg, and pepper in a large vessel and bring it to a boil. When boiling stir the contents thoroughly and boil for 4 minutes until it is thick.
- Now, pour the cheese into the vessel and stir to mix.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the macaroni. Add the tomato and basil and mix. Take the macaroni in a baking dish and bake for 35 minutes in an oven preheated at 180 degrees C.
- Cool it for 5 minutes and serve.
Serve – 2
Pasta With Tomato, Basil And Ricotta
- 1 1/2 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Red Onion (minced)
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup part-skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper for taste
- 1/2 pound any Pasta
- In a bowl, mix the basil, tomatoes, garlic and onion.
- Add the ricotta, and olive oil and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to pack direction and then drain.
- Toss the pasta with the basil-ricotta mixture, and serve.
Serve – 4
Baked Macaroni Cheese And Beef
- 90g Elbow Macaroni
- 220g premium lean Beef (ground)
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Red Capsicum (chopped)
- 1 cup of Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 40 g low fat Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- Boil the macaroni for 10 minutes in water, and drain.
- Cook the beef for 5 minutes in canola oil till it is brown stirring continuously. If there are any fats then remove it and set the beef aside.
- Again sauté the onion and capsicum and stir until tender.
- Stir in the thyme, tomato sauce, black pepper and the beef and continue stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the macaroni to the sauce and take it in a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C. Let it cool and then serve.
Serve – 2 to 3