In the stressful world of today, where fast food and expanding waistlines have become the norm, people have started looking forward to low fat recipes for controlling their ever-increasing weight. While making low-fat vegetarian food is not that difficult, most of the people find it almost impossible to make healthy chicken dishes, which are appetizing as well. This is where we come in, to help you out. In the following lines we have detailed two delicious low-fat chicken recipes, just for you. Go through them and make chicken dishes that contain very less amount of calories, but will make you lick your fingers.
How To Make Low Fat Chicken
Breaded Chicken Recipe
- 2 Chicken Breasts, skinless
- 1 Egg White
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Cornflakes
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp Dried Marjoram
- Salt, Pepper & Paprika to taste
- In a bowl, beat together egg whites and milk. Combine well.
- Add garlic, onion, salt and pepper to the egg-milk mixture and mix well.
- Put the chicken in this mixture, place it in the refrigerator and let it stand for one hour.
- In a blender, add together cornflakes, herbs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Put the flour in a bowl and stir in the cornflakes-mixture.
- Remove the chicken from milk-mixture and coat it with the cornflakes-mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- Place the coated chicken on a baking dish and bake in the preheated over, for around 40 minutes.
- Top the chicken with lemon wedges and serve hot.
Lemon Soy Chicken Recipe
- 1 Chicken, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce, low-sodium
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Lemon Pepper
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 garlic Clove, minced
- 1 cup Long-grain Rice
- Grated Lemon Rind
- First of all, you need to remove skin from chicken pieces and put them in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, lemon pepper, ginger, 1 cup water and garlic.
- Pour the soy-sauce mixture over the chicken, cover and keep in the fridge for 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Take a 12-cup greased casserole and sprinkle rice, evenly, in the bottom.
- Place marinated chicken pieces over rice and pour the marinade on top.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and bake in a preheated oven, at 325o F, for 40 minutes.
- Garnish the chicken with lemon rind and serve hot.